cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAINT/SPAM update taking more time to finish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

It is taking more than 1 day to perform SAINT/SPAM update to new version 58 from 57. I noticed the Warning message "Warning: Background job RDDIMPDP could not be started or terminated abnormally" in usr/sap/trans log. So, I ran the report RDDNEWPP and then found the log warning "WARNING: Background job not running properly. Function: J Jobcount: 18463200 status: S. Please check the system. use transactions SM21, SM37, SM50."

Any ideas, please?

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thank you for your support.

Issue got resolved once I restarted the server. It seems that there was memory shortage and it cleaned up automatically once i done server restart.

Best regards,

Sreenu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

Have you tried to execute the report RDDNEWPP in client 000. It's an event driven job. As per the warning message did you find anything useful in SM21/SM50.

Also check the Logs in T-code SAINT/SPAM GoTo->Import Logs

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thank you for your quick response. I scheduled RDDNEWPP in client 000 then I noticed in SM37 the job RDDIMPDP is released after a very short span of time.

Do you idea why it is so? This would be the root cause for the main issue?

I don't see any error messages in Import logs.

Thanks & best regards,

Sreenu

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sreenivasa ,

The job should be scheduled from 000 client under user DDIC . There should not be multiple schedulings also

Please check the job log for the completed RDDIMPDP job

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thank you fro your quick response. I done once again as you mentioned above. I notice the same, the job RDDIMPDP is released after a very few seconds.

Log warning says "WARNING: Background job RDDIMPDP could not be started or terminated abnormally".

Any ideas, please?

Best regards,

Sreenu

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any Dialag Instance/Application server also in the mix? Please check dev_evt trace file also.

Please check SAP Note#449270 too.

Thanks,

Mofizur

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenu ,

Go to  Transaction STMS_IMPORT , Click on the import monitor button . If there are any entries  Under "Execution" , Delete the same .

Exit out of transaction STMS_IMPORT . Check for any tp process . If any kill the same .

Check tables TRBAT and TRJOB , if any entries delete the same

and try once again

Thanks ,

Manu