Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical inventory error QA078 while executing LI21

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Client has tried a physical inventory in WM, to post difference in Quality stock.

While performing the last step LI21 (clear differences in inventory management), user got the error "QA078 - Inspection lot XXX cannot be used for document item YYY ".

When we checked the status of the inspection lot, it is "Cancelled".

How do we resolve the issue?

Any suggestions to resolve would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

Why is it cancelled?

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

The underlying GR for Production Order was cancalled. That is why the inspection lot got cancelled.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the long text explained that you shall post this difference manually, which means one of 711 to 718 movements in MM via MIGO

Actually I doubt that this really gets you further. If I am not mistaken then your material is in Q-status, and here I expect the usual QA495 error if you try to post in MM. But you can try.

Maybe the better option is to delete this item from the counting document.

Since the receipt was cancelled I wonder how you want post a difference anyway.

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

I will certainly try manual posting and see if it works.

To add on, the material has 2 batches in Q stock. Each of these batches has one inspection lot which is cancelled and another which is in process.

I thought of the following options, for which I would like to have your opinion.

1. When Physical inventory (PI) was done for those 2 batches, system referenced the cancelled lots automatically.

Could we try change this system behaviour so that the "in process" lots get picked during PI?

Or will it help if we correct the lot number in the quant table?

Will this approach help?

OR

2. Will it help if we first clear the "in process" inspection lots in QM and then retry PI.

OR

3. Will it work if we try to post difference in Unrestricted/Available stock first and then try to move it to Q stock ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards

Prabhu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your alternative 1 would be the very last for me.

I am not sure how you think your could achieve your option 3

SAP is searching for an inspection lot which matches with the characteristics of your inventory item.

Clearing existing inspection lots would not help from my point of view, contrary, creating an inspection lot that matches with the inventory item could help to get it posted.

Could you explain the entire process in a bit more detail. You received quantity from a production. this receipt is posted into Quality inspection stock. You create counting documents.

In the meantime the receipt was cancelled.

What had you counted? was the material physically there? was the receipt later posted again (what was then different?)

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried manual posting using mov.type 713/714 but got the error QA495, as you mentioned.

So, I guess that is not possible.

Below is the actual business scenario:

1. Goods Receipt for production order was done on 31st Aug for 2 batches A & B of the same material and 2 inspection lost were created.
2. Goods Receipt was cancelled on 1st Sep (with posting date set to 31st Aug)

both inspection lots got cancelled at that stage.

3. New goods receipt for the same production order was done on 1st Sep (posting date=31st Aug).  2 new inspection lots got created and are waiting for stock posting.

4. Physical inventory record in WM was created using LI01 for the 2 batches. this was done on 11th Sep.

5. Count was entered , with -ve difference for batch A and +ve difference for batch B - both for Q stock on 11th Sep.

6. Differences were cleared in WM using LI20 on 11th Sep.

Until now, no issue.

7. Tried to clear differences in IM using LI21 on 11th Sep.  Got error at this stage.

8. The TR that was created for the cancelled inspection lot was processed into TO and confirmed on 11th Sep.

9. Step 7 above was tried again, but got same error.

Is there any way out?

Looks like physical inventory is not possible for these Q stocks.

Is it not possible in SAP to carry out physical inventory for Quality stocks?

I had one more idea. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1. For the batch that needs negative stock correction, can we open the "in process" inspection lot in QA02 and use the option "Correct actual qty" and enter the reduced "Actual lot qty" with a reason code and post it?

2. For the batch that needs positive stock correction, can I ask user to post an additional GR for production order or confirm additional quantities for the same production order, so that a fresh inspection lot would get created for the additional qty?

Does it sound logical?

Thanks & Regards

Prabhu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in general it is possible to carry out inventory for stock in quality inspection, but it gets difficult if you have a difference, we always try to have all quality inspection finished before the physical count is done, sometimes it is not possible if the analysis takes several days.

SAP had issued a KBA 2047706 - Error QA 495 in transaction LI21

However, you are not even at this point, the note is still good to read maybe it gives you an idea how to proceed,  but your error message is QA078 - Inspection lot XXX cannot be used for document item YYY

And this is because the attributes from the stock in the inventory document does not match with the inspection lots that you have.

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen.