cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to C4C for a developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP experts,

I'm a developer and I have few ideas to implement in C4C.

But I can't get access to it.

I need a development environment to start developing some things. Creating HTML mashups for example and calling external Web Services with it. Also using some javascript libraries to show some custom grids in the UI.

With Salesforce it was so easy.

In SAP it seems impossible to me. I have a trial for SAP Digital for Customer Engagement but it does not have any of admin functions.

SAP development studio seems to be not accessible too.

The only accessible thing is SAP Hana Development account. But that's not what I want. I want to CUSTOMIZE C4C.

Does anyone know how can I get some sort of access or am I misunderstanding something ?

Thanks in advance,

David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Davit

Here is the answer from our partner team  -

for C4C development we are offering 2 different programs:

1. PartnerEdge for Application Development in case the partner / developer wants to build extensions or stand-alone apps for C4C – more details are available here: https://www.sapappsdevelopmentpartnercenter.com/en/get-started/cloud-applications/cloud-for-customer...

A free developer account is also available for HCP via http://hcp.sap.com/developers.html

2. If you  want to develop Add-Ins / mashups we have the Cloud Solution Partner program but here will a yearly fee of 1,990€ billed. More details are available here http://scn.sap.com/community/business-bydesign/studio (even if it’s saying ByD, it is also perfect for C4C) or if you has access to PartnerEdge here: https://partneredge.sap.com/en/solution/cloud/build/cld-sol-partner-prog.html (this would also give access to the “Cloud Applications Studio” download)

-ginger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

Thank you so much for your help and support.

Did I understand correctly that if I am going to write a mashup I don't have any free options ?

Problem is that it is what I wanted to achieve.

Create some completely custom UI, using KendoUI, with grids which will load the data from external REST WebService. Grid will use some Transaction and Customer data from SAP.

Can you or somebody else at least confirm that this is possible so that I can start thinking about spending 2000 euros ?

Thanks,

Davit.

0 Kudos

Hi Davit

open.sap.com will offer a HCP extensions course soon - and there will be a week of C4C extensions.  That will provide a tenant, but only for the week of the course.  

Unfortunately you do need to be part of our partner program.   I'd suggest you reach out directly to falk.pichl@sap.com or sri.rajagopalan@sap.com - these are the guys I forwarded your question to. 

Regards

Ginger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

Great. Thanks. I'll contact the guys concerning partner issues.

What about my question above ?

"Create some completely custom UI, using KendoUI, with grids which will load the data from external REST WebService. Grid will use some Transaction and Customer data from SAP.

Can you or somebody else at least confirm that this is possible using Add-Ins / mashups in C4C"

Should direct this to them too or maybe you would suggest opening another discussion for this ?

Many thanks,

David.

0 Kudos

Hi Davit

Sorry for not answering that.   A completely custom UI should be fine - we have OData services you can use.  There is a odata workbench you can use to create your own services based on any object. 

We have some examples of odata usage - this won't show a custom UI, but it will show our odata services.. Look for this published by Prabhat Raman and look at the odata section in this blog: 

- do you have something to add?

-ginger

prabhatraman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Davit

it is possible to consume odata service from C4C to build custom UIs.

What I am not clear is if you want to mashup this custom UI in C4C or you mean something else. if you are looking for mashing the custom UI in C4C it can be done. for this case you have two options HTML embedded mashup or URL mashup which launches the mashp in separate window.

thanks

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for late response.

Let me just describe what I need.

Mashups were just my guess on how it can be done after reading some documentation.

I need a new button somewhere in C4C after pressing which the user will be presented with completely new UI that I will write with pure HTML and Javascript and CSS for example.

That page will then need to do some calls to my external web service and to SAP's internal web services.

I see that making the calls is possible but I was not sure about fully custom UI, because it seems that in SAP's docs "custom UI" is something specific.Like it was some UI for some business objects,etc.

I hope the image below illustrates what I want to achieve.

I would like to know
1) Is this possible with "mashups"
2) Is this possible with Hana extensions.
3) Is this possible using some other method and if yes what is that method.

This is something I've already done with Salesforce, now I want to replicate the same for SAP too.

Thanks a lot again,

Sorry for long message.

David.

prabhatraman
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Davit

with the help of HTML mashup it is possible to put such a link. but it would appear as a new tab and not the place which you depicted but in Object Details of C4C. I hope it works for you.

with the help of URL mashup it is possible to put the link (again not button) which opens a new browser window and opens up the new mashup UI.

you can build the new mashup UI using any technology including HCP as long as it can open up in browse you can mash it up in C4C using above techniques. When you think of other technology for developing the mashup you should also think of SSO. HCP provides this capability so anything developed using HCP allow user to seamlessly navigate from C4C to mashup.

I would like to suggest you to check the different mashup capability of C4C in help.sap.com

thanks

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prabhat,

This mainly answers my question. Link instead of button is absolutely fine for me.

Thank you very much,

David.

0 Kudos

Hi Ginger

Are there any options other then registering as a partner over PartnerEdge for getting access to C4C as a developer ?

Thank you

Akos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

Is there a way for a functional study C4C, with no or low cost? I´m looking for some alternative, without being a developer, and I can´t find nothing rlated to that.

If you can give me some light about it, would be great, I'm strugling with it.

thanks a lot,

Luiz

0 Kudos

Hi Davit

Are you a partner with SAP for C4C? 

-ginger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

I just tried to become partners with SAP. Not sure about C4C.

They are reviewing my application but there was only Business Intelligence and SAP Hana Databases in the list. Not sure if this will give me access for C4C even if they accept.

Do you mean that the only way is to become a partner ? Is there a chance that I will get access for free in case I'm accepted as partner ?

THanks for answer,

Davit.

0 Kudos

Hi Davit,

I'll forward this to the partner team and see what the options are for you. 

Let me see what I can track down

-ginger