cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning (root/sapinst) id=wapsmod.ms.msattachfailed connect to message server (hostname/3914) failed: msenilayer

0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

we are installing sap business suite EHP7 on aix 7.1 with oracle 12c

we already started 2 fresh installation and the installation got stuck in phase 25 [ install instance basics of ASCS## ]

the problem is that there's no error message but at terminal we find

warning (root/sapinst) id=wapsmod.ms.msattachfailed connect to message server (hostname/3901) failed: msenilayer

when i checked /etc/services i found the port 3914 occupied by another service called { listcrt-port-2 }

i searched on how to free that port on aix in order to resume the installation

please guide me with steps as i'm not AIX expert

any reply will be appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is SAPINST popping up any error message ? Can you please check sapinst & sapinst_dev log files.

Please check below note

2179550 - Troubleshooting steps for wapsmod.ms.MsAttachFailed error: Connect to message server fails...

Thanks,

Mofizur

0 Kudos

I already checked this note before as we got stuck in first installation

now we assign different instance number i.e 14

please provide me with steps to free the mentioned port in order to resume installation

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yaseer,

I know you are already aware that We ave some reservations for port 3901 & 3902.

AIX Only: If you are using NIM Service Handler (NIMSH), do not use 01 or 02 for the instance number.

SAPinst uses the instance number for the internal message server port 39<instance number>. The NIM

client daemon uses reserved ports 3901 and 3902.

netstat -a | grep 3914 will give you the process holding the port 3914

You can check /etc/services file for the entry of port 3914 services.Also check if there is any process running on port 3914 using below command
ps -aef | grep <process name>

If you are sure kill that process using
kill -9 <pid>

After that try once

Thanks,

Mofizur

0 Kudos

hello

I just executed command netstat -a | grep 3914 but it give me cursor back without any response

i don't know what does it means but there's no response for that command

accordingly i can't free port

thanks alot for your helpful guiding

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yaseer,

Then I believe the issue is in somewhere else.What i sthe exact error you ar egetting if still not resolved.

Thanks,

Mofizur