Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 3.0 - SMEN gui-tree disappears in edit mode

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

This issues is on a Personas 3.0 SP1 kernel PL 200 system, with recent notes applied (except notes that came out after Aug 5). I am trying to personalize the SMEN screen. Normally, we hide the gui-tree, (water-waves) image, and the splitter control to fully expose the userarea, and then start building upon that. The difference here is that I am retaining the GUI-tree visible, while hiding the image and the splitter control. That's it -- then I just save (intending to continue editing later).

When I come back into the flavor in edit mode**, the hidden image and splitter control re-appear, while the GUI-tree is no longer visible. This issue is also observed on a different, more updated system (Personas 3.0 SP1 kernel PL 212 system with all recent notes applied).  Searched OSS notes, but found no hits on this.

Has anyone run into this issue ? Would certainly appreciate any feedback,

Thanks !

Jay.

** I encountered difficulties getting back in edit mode :  the busy indicator remained spinning, and I could not click/select on any of the controls until I terminated the busy-indicator by clicking the cancel-X button next to the save-exit button. Then the busy-indicator disappeared, and I found myself in "edit mode" in the flavor. However, after hiding the gui-tree and splitter control again, when I clicked on the Save icon, an error message appeared say that I need to be in Edit Mode in order to save changes. The save-exit, and the exit icons would not let me exit the flavor either.  On a different, more updated system ( Personas 3.0 SP1 kernel PL 212), these difficulties in re-entering and re-exiting edit mode were NOT encountered. So, I am assuming upgrading the lower system should at least take care of entering and exiting edit mode. BTW, when I hide all 3 controls -- the gui-tree, the image and the splitter control -- none of the above mentioned difficulties exist !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jay_pandit
Participant
0 Kudos

FYI -- In the last few days, the kernel patch level on the system was raised from 212 to 219, and very latest Personas Notes applied. The issue appears resolved.  (although ... not sure if the latest notes or kernel PL did the trick).

Answers (0)