Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limit at Customer Group level

former_member242511
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have 1 customer code 10000 which purchases goods through 2 distribution cannels(Wholesale-WH/Retail-RT)

I need to set up credit limit at WH and RT level.

We have determination rule(enhancement) to determine WH and RT as customer group in Sales order by document type(WH,RT are Sales order document types)

Can I maintain credit limit (10000)WH=INR 50,000 and Credit limit (10000)RT=INR 70000??? on the basis of customer group?

system should block delivery creation if credit limit is exhausted as per customer group credit limit maintained.

note:- WH and RT are not distribution channel set up in SAP, distribution channel is Domestic(WH,RT) in SAP.

Credit control area is at Company code level.

Reg,

Antaa21

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, in standard SAP you cannot define 2 different credit limits for the same credit account within the same credit control area. In KNKK the key fields are : MANDT, KUNNR and KKBER.

One possible workaround is to determine a different payer assigned to a separate credit account for a specific order type via an exit. It will be a bit harder to maintain compared to the standard approach and you will probably need to provide the users with additional reports so that they can resolve some potential problems, which will arise when they get an incoming payment for the 'wrong' customer code.

Is there any particular reason why you chose not to reflect the actual organizational structure of the company (such as single sales area addon restrictions)?

Edit:

While technically achievable, this idea may cause problems during audit or be against the local legislation.

former_member242511
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Thanks for answering my question,its my customers requirement not to have multiple sales area wise credit limit, but that is the only standard workaround I also forsee.

also can you tell me if I assign different credit control area CC1,CC2,CC3(at Sales area level) to same customer code"10000", while advance payment is made by customer 10000, how do it releases its credit limit?

also while making entry of advance payment, will system asks CC1 or CC2 or CC3 to be entered?

Reg,

Antaa21

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is strange that the customer states that he wants to have a single credit control area and then asks for separate credit limits sor the same customer .

Regarding your questions on multiple credit control areas:

In the FI document you also have a credit control area field. The challenge with having 1 company code and multiple credit control areas is to handle the FI postings.

You can use FI validations for document entry not to have a blank field for the credit control area and check against the permitted credit control areas for company code for manual document or try to determine KKBER in some other way via substitutions/user exit. For example - when you receive advance payment for a sales order, from the sales document number you can get the credit control area and populate it.

former_member242511
Participant
0 Kudos

Customer is using SAP for last 7 yrs, its reimplementation project

Also the advance payment is independent of Sales Order, so ill check user exit at advance payment transaction level.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try the option with separate payers, but really ... it is not very convenient for the users.

The problem with advance payments is that if you have no information what the customer pays for and you use several credit control areas, you cannot determine what KKBER to set in the document.

former_member242511
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually customer knows what is he paying for, so credit control area is fixed for that payment.