Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT Rel Conn why no create HANA database connection

glen_spalding
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all

for some reason, I cannot create a relational connection in the IDT when I go to

File->New->Relational Connection->SAP->SAP HANA Database 1.0->ODBC Drivers

there is no Data Source Name available for selection, HOWEVER

if I go to

File->New->Relational Connection->Generic->Generic ODBC Datasource->ODBC Drivers

this picks up my 32bit DSN without any problems

what is the difference ?

thanks

g

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

glen_spalding
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks to every one, i finally realized that the Excel 32 drivers are not the same as the HANA DB 32 bit drivers !!

what a mess

g

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you install Hana client? Did yous etup ODBC driver based on Hana or Generic ODBC?

glen_spalding
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, HANA Client is installed, otherwise I would not be able to use the Generic ODBC, wouldn't I?

also HANA Client does not enable me to choose anything, it all goes in. ODBC, JDBC, etc...

it is the HANA driver route that does not find my DSN, not the Generic route. see the path I mentioned

thanks

g

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create ODBC drivers on HANODBC, not on generic. If you have installed Hana client, you will see an option to select the HDBODBC while creating ODBC driver.

glen_spalding
Participant
0 Kudos

hi, firstly, don't think i can use ODBC DSN was created using HDBODBC as this is a 64bit driver.

so my 32bit DNS was created using the "SAP HANA for MS Excel", which is 32bit - LIBODBCHDB32.DLL

Maybe, this driver is not good for creating connections in IDT!?!?!?

what is the name of the Driver you have ?