Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP File Conversion issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the following scenario:

SFTP file sender --> mapping --> IDoc receiver SAP

I hasve successfully configured everything, so the whole flow works, except of one thing: The xml.fieldFixedLengths in the SFTP module doesn't work alright. For some reason only the first 2 digits of normally 3 digits are being written into the interface structure field.

Module setting of SFTP sender adapter:

Message Type in Outbound Interface:

The file record:

The message in the message monitor:

Does anybody see why it's not taking three digits, but only two? For all other fields it seems to work!

Thank you!

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both,

thank you for your help!

I have changed the Module to localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean and also changed the the Module Key to Plain2XML, but it didn't help.

I have also tried to change xml.fieldFixedLengths to xml.record.fieldFixedLengths, but this caused an error in the module processing.

Any other ideas? I just don't get why it's only taking 2 digits instead of 3 digits in the first field. All the others seem to work...

Thank you & best regards,

Michael

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Did you try checking your file with Hex editor? Does it contains any null characters?

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please follow the suggestion from Nitin maybe you might have the null characters.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

it doesn't look like that:

"025" should be placed in the first field "Depot".

Any other ideas?

Thank you & best regards,

Michael

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your help!

Problem has been resolved now. It was a null character in the very first file and the SFTP admin has not replaced my file with the new one, where I have taken care I have no null characters in...

Thank you Nitin, your suggestion was right.

Br Michael

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you pls check if there is any cache issue going on with sftp adapter.

I could see the third character 5 is going to the second field in the list.

Refer the below link to point 8.

Note 1692819:FAQ: PI SFTP Adapter

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

One thing i noticed in your message type is that, all the parameters are untyped, please make it to String.

And for the issue it is taking only two characters is may be due to null characters. Can you check if there is any null character in the file?

Null characters are not visible through Notepad. Hence use the below mentioned Hex viewer by downloading it from below link -

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael ,

Make sure that you have used the module name correctly as : localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean

Refer below link :

Also add these parameters :

Thanks.

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you please  verify what is the Message transform bean that you have used in your confg.Please find the screenshot for the same.

Mention ModuleKey as Plain2XML instead of 1

In ParameterNames mention: xml.record.fieldFixedLengths

Please try to change as above and try.If still issue persists please let me know.