cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing Dates Outside Range of TimeDim() Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have compiled a report and I have used the TimeDim() function to fill in dates within the range.

This has worked to a great extent but when I filter my chart to show another Source Y, e.g. another product, then the beginning and end of the month dates do not show on the chart since they are seen as empty dimensions.

Is it possible to apply the dates from Source X to my filtered chart of Source Y without affecting the results of my chart?

I've tried all sorts of methods but to no avail and I will appreciate advice and suggestions to my query.

Thank you,

Jaspal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaspal,

Nofilter() will not restrict dimension values.It gives aggregated value for the  measure without filter whenever filter is applied on the block/measure .

you can have a dummy measure object from backed to extend the dimension values .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I figured it out and it was a lot simpler than what I thought it would be

I removed the filter on the chart and created a new variable

=[Average Turnaround (Minutes)] Where ([Contract Source] InList("SourceY"))   where SourceY has been renamed but relates to the product

I have to amend the average line now!

EDIT: Amended average line formula

=Interpolation(Round(Sum([Paid Out Turnaround Time (Minutes)])/Count([Contract Number];All);0) In ([Contract Source]) Where ([Contract Source] InList("SourceY")))

finally!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try with nofilter function to ignore the  filter.

=nofilter(TimeDim([ Date]))

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the response. I have tried implementing the NoFilter function but the chart does not change.

It could well be that I'm not applying it correctly. The current formula to list the monthly dates on the chart is as follows:

=If FormatDate( TimeDim([Date Event Start (Payout Turnaround)]); "Dddd" ) = "Saturday" Then TimeDim([Date Event Start (Payout Turnaround)]) + " W/E" ElseIf FormatDate( TimeDim([Date Event Start (Payout Turnaround)]); "Dddd" ) = "Sunday"  Then  TimeDim([Date Event Start (Payout Turnaround)]) +" W/E" Else TimeDim([Date Event Start (Payout Turnaround)])

Can you please suggest how you will apply the NoFilter() function to the above in case I've made a mistake in applying the function.

Thank you.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry my mistake. I  thought values are not coming because of report filter..nofilter will not work here as issue is not related with report filter.

what is the formula of X graph dates? is it similar to Y or calculation is different.

Amit

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is not related with Timedim() function.Timedim function will display the dates between the two dates and dates are correctly showing in the report.but if you see your Y source chart Y values are starting from 3/08/2015.From there timedim function will show the dates.

Add one more query in the webi ,add only Date object and keep the webi query filters same.with this you you will get the all dates.Merge date object with other date object and use merged object in the chart.with this approach no need of Timedim function.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This is the process that I use:

• The formula above relates to the X-aixs
  • Y-Axis: =Round(Sum([Paid Out Turnaround Time (Minutes)])/Count([Contract Number];All);0)

Please note I did not use an average formula because there appears to be an issue populating the correct average for charts as I have previously mentioned in /thread/3795479

On the chart I added a filter to select the contract source Y.

I believe what Sateesh has said might be the only option going forward as I will need to find another dimension with dates that does not affect the existing values.