cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web Dispatcher - Port conflicts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I've come across a situation where the port to be used by SAP WebD for redirection is already under use.

I'm using port 8000 for hosting website UI files on IIS which ultimately calls for app server node at /sap/opu/odata/..../, I want to redirect the request coming on the same port (8000) with SRCURL = /sap/  to App server using SAP WebDispatcher.

Since port 8000 is already been used by IIS, how can I install & configure SAP Web Dispatcher on some other port (say 8100) and make it to redirect the requests coming on to port 8000 with SRCURL = /sap/   ?

It's like installing the SAP WebDispatcher on port 8100 and making it to redirect the requests coming on to port 8000.

As per my experience and after reading about WebD installations, I always found that SAP WebD will redirect the requests coming on to the WebD port. I've never seen the example where we can use the SAP WebD to redirect requests coming on to some different port.

Thanks & Regards

Hardeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Hardeep,

Edit your Web Dispatcher profile and adjust the icm/server_port_X parameters accordingly.

Now, if a request reaches your IIS under port 8000 and you want to redirect it to the WebD, you need to perform the redirect at the IIS.

The WebD will not be aware of such request as it reached the IIS, not the WebD.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct Isaias, I have done the same thing (but used Apache instead of IIS).

Since the port 8000 is already used by IIS/Apache, WebD cannot use the same. Perform the redirect at IIS/Apache at some other port and make use of it, if you need to use WebD.

This is kind of weird thing (Apache/IIS + WebD) but we have a requirement where we need to use WebD in any case, so this is the only approach coz WebD alone cannot redirect & host the UI files. For hosting we need either IIS or Apache.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your responses, appreciate it.

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hardeep,

You may find this guide helpful.

Best Regards,

Peter

IanSegobio
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Hardeep,

Web dispatcher services are declared with parameters: "icm/server_port_<xx>" and its sub parameter "PORT". You can choose pretty much any value for this parameter and restart web dispatcher.

Just keep in mind that, in order to bind ports lower than 1024 in UNIX systems, external binding as "root" has to be carried out.

Cheers,
Ian.