cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an Error in When after configuration of STMS. wthen logon to STMS screen there is an error message "The TMS configuration is inconsistent " after it go to system and click on distribute and active STMS configuration there is another error "Could not start transport control program tp ". our kernel is latest one, Please find a solution for this issue,

Regards,

Sajmal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209925
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

log onto SIDADM and navigate to kernal directory and run R3trans -d from cmd ..... please post return code,

Regards,

saharoon.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saharoon,

Sorry for the late replay. Please find the result of the R3trans -d.

Regards,

Sajmal

former_member209925
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal,

it seems you got highest error return code 0012 in R3trans ,When TP try to connect its search for host name of your sap system,incorrect host name,db name in your environmental variables or incorrect values in your parameter parameter may cause this connectivity issue,

1.make sure you have effective permission on tp and R3trans exe file  also /usr/sap/trans/buffer & /usr/sap/trans/bin ,

2. Make sure your have correct DBMS value in your Environmental variables setting ,

3.also verify all your  SAPSYSTEMNAME , SAPGLOBALHOST,SAPDBHOST from your profile parameter, and also compare with your Environmental variable values.

use "tp connect sid" cmd from os level to analyse the cause of the error,

Regards,

saharoon.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saharoon,

how to set permission for tp and R3 and how to correct  DBMS value in your Environmental variables setting.

Regards,

Sajmal

former_member209925
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sajmal,

1.Depend on your os Login to sidadm control panel-->system and security--> system and click on advanced system setting "system properties"  willl open up in advance tab click on  "Environment variable" button in that dialog box verify your DBMS_TYPE,SAPLOCALHOST,SAPSYSTEMNAME

2.Goto to your kernal folder search for tp.exe right click goto properties in "security"tab you find list of avilable os level users select one by one and click "edit" and tick on " full control " and click apply follow the same steps for R3trans.exe

3.Goto this location /usr/sap/trans/buffer & /usr/sap/trans/bin and give "full control" to folder buffer & bin........ follow the above mentioned procedure to set permission

Regards,

saharoon.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saharoon,

Thanks for your valuable replay. After doing that still occur that error "The TMS configuration is inconsistent ". any other solution ?

Regards

Sajmal

former_member209925
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal,

Have you compared SAPSYSTEMNAME , SAPGLOBALHOST,SAPDBHOST from RZ10 values and Environment variable's SAPSYSTEMNAME , SAPGLOBALHOST,SAPDBHOST entries

have you found any entries with name DBMS_NAME / DBMS in environment variable

Run this cmd  "tp connect sid" from sidadm and  paste the screenshot

Regards,

saharoon.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saharoon,

Environment variable's  have the APSYSTEMNAME , SAPGLOBALHOST,SAPDBHOST and that are present in Default profile and  both have same value.

Result of the command "tp connect sid"  i paste here,

Regards,

Sajmal

former_member209925
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajaml,

In t code SA38  run the program RSTPTEST .

please check  that connection CALLTP_WINDOWS RFC connection from SM59.

Regards,

saharoon.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saharoon,

We have 2 server and 3 System landscape. Dev & Qas in 1 server and Production in other one.

Production is the Domain controller system. When run the program RSTPTEST in 3 systems Production does not cause any error message but Dev and Qas cause an Error Message in Tp iing. I attached the sreenshot of the Error message.

and CALLTP_WindwosNT in production is ok. the connectrion is successful.

Regards

Sajmal

former_member209925
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajaml,

Check CALLTP_WindwosNT on dev and qas

Try increasing the gw/cpic_timeout value to 120

Regards,

saharoon.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saharoon,

CALLTP_WindwosNT connection test on dev and qas causes error. attached the error screen shot.

Regards,

Sajmal

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal

Could you check the file availability in folder e:\usr\sap\PSP\DVEBMGS03\exe\RFCEXEC.EXE and E:\usr\sap\PSP\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\RFCEXEC.EXE?

If it is not pls download from SAP Service market place and check the RFC connection.

Regards

SS

former_member209925
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal,

I would recommend the same as sriram mentioned , But am still have a doubt that you probably missing some environment variables in your servers,Try to run ntreg2env.exe from cmd.

Registry Entries - Computing Center Management System (BC-CCM) - SAP Library

Regards,

saharoon.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saharoon,

Result of the command ntreg2env.exe

And There is no gw/cpic_timeout  parameter in dev & qas

Regards,

Sajmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Thanks for your valuable replay. RFCEXEC.EXE File is present in our 3 Systems

Regards,

Sajmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error showing in STMS screen is solved. Nut when I click distribute and active TMS configuration button it shows the previous error. Screen Shots,

Regards,

Sajmal

former_member209925
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal,

In general when you try to distribute tms , Configuration setting will written in Tp profile (tp_domain_ sid .pfl) in os level,in your case when you try to distribute your setting, application try to write your setting in tp profile,but its fails ,it looks like your sidadm account have not sufficient permission to write on disk or have not sufficient permission to make changes in your tp profile, ENsure your sidadm account have sufficient admin rights and give full permission to tp_domain_ sid .pfl in trans folder  .

ps- in linux 777 permission we used to give to Tp_domain_ sid .pfl

Regards,

saharoon.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saharoon,

I gave the administrator privilege to PSDADM, PSQADM. But still having the same error...?

And ALLTP_WindowsNT shows error stiil in DEV & QAS

Regards,

Sajmal

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal

1.  Could you check the SERVER_EXEC rfc status on transaction code SM59?

2. In your domain controller select the "System Overview " , double click PSQ system, select the tab "Transport Tool"   add the parameter "SYSTEM_PF" value " \\servername\sapmnt\psq\sys\profile"

after that "update configurations"

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for your replay,  Screen shot of the PSQ system 'transport tool' tab,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal

In the same place add the parameter " SYSTEM_PF" and value as mention in my earlier communication.

BR

SS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

SERVER_EXE connection in domain controller is ok, but in Qality and Development causes an Error.

Regards,

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you have to follow the SAP Note

1581595 - rfcexec or startrfc fail after upgrade

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I think the problem is of "tp" parameters do not set in DEV & QAS servers. Can you help me to find what are the  profiles and its values.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

do you mean add the parameter SYSTEM_PF in instance profile ? What is its value ?

Regards

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes,  Value =  \\servername\sapmnt\SID\sys\profile\default.pfl

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

can you tell me the value of SYSTEM_PF ???

Is this profile add in 3 system ??

Regards

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal

You can refer the snapshot for "SYSTEM_PF" value, and also refer the SAP KBA for over all TMS configuration testing

1541076 - Preliminary checks and troubleshooting for transport issues

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I added the System_pf in PSQ , andset the value. but after it its causes the same error.

Regards,

SAJMAL

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal

You can refer the SAP KBA

2145145 - User is not authorized to start an external program

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Its not working, now we got the 1st error in the STMS Screen.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no TPPARAM file in usr\trans\bin folder ? is it needed ?

and the value of TRANSDIR= \\pamserverpro\sapmnt\trans, is it correct ? is it the trans folders path  , is it that it is E:\usr\sap\trans. Can you help me it is wrong or correct ?

Regards,

Sajmal

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal

1. TRANSDIR = \\pamserverpro\sapmnt\trans correct one.

2.R efer the SAP KBA for Host name entres in RFC connections

1888279 - RFC communications error with system/destination

3. Still you are having issues, Pls raise the support incident to SAP or Recreate the TMS configurations

Regards

SS

former_member209925
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sajmal,

We tried our best, those are the possible way to resolve this kinda of Tms error , Please try to raise the support incident to SAP,

you have to choose your relevant sid from drop down botton and click ok to copy the env variable 

Regards,

saharoon.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

I will delete and configure STMS one more time, any suggestion for configuration. and can i delete the files in trans\bin...

Thanks for your valuable replays.

Regards,

Sajmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saharoon,

It already i down. I know you guys support me the best, Thanks for you valuable Replay.

Any suggestion for new STMS configuration. Setting of any parameters ?

And one more , what is the use of  CALLTP_WindwosNT, is it creating at the time of STMS configuration .

Thanks for your valuable replays.

Regards,

Sajmal

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal

You no need to delete any think at OS level, On SAP TMS domain controller  Login to client 000, transaction code STMS -> Overview -> Systems -> Extra -> Delet TMS configuration.

Refer the new configuration steps as video clips

tms configuration video by BharathTrainings - YouTube

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

thakns.

regards,

Sajmal

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the trace files in the "work" directory?

Check the latest dev_w* trace files and also the dev_tp log file to know the possible reasons.

By the way did you do a system refresh prior to this?

If yes then make sure the SECSTORE migration is done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check TMSADM_* RFC connection is working or not .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Its working fine.

Regards,

Sajmal

0 Kudos

Please check if sufficient free space is available in /usr/sap/trans directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinakar,

How to check the free space availability in /usr/sap/trans directory

Regards,

Sajmal

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal ,

Please click on the "?" symbol on your  first screenshot . It should give a detailed information of what the issue should be .

Check the permissions  for the tp and R3trans exe file  also /usr/sap/trans/buffer , /usr/sap/trans/bin directories .

Also check the space available

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

How to check the free space availability and R3 & tp permission ?

Regards,

Sajmal

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajmal,

Please check whether the connection test, transport directory, and transport tool is working properly via System Overview.

Regards,

Dhanar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanal,

When try to connection that time the error occurs,

Regards,

Sajmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sajmal,

Upgrade the TP and R3 trans to latest version from market place and try to connect again.

Regards,

Banesh.