cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Notification put in Process immediately

0 Kudos

Hi QM Experts We normally create Notifications with reference to an already existing Notification (QM01). I got the requirement if it is possible that new Notification is in Status NOPR (Notification in Process) immediately and Partner Requestor should be copied from reference Notification. With additional ABAP coding I guess it will be possible but is it also possible with SAP Standard configuration (Status Management / Partner Determination Procedure)? Thanks a lot for your answer! With kind regards Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By Partner requester do you mean the coordinator, Person responsible, Vendor, Customer or task processor? I believe when you create new notification with reference to other notification these details automatically flow in to newer one. Basically the reference notification serves as copy model for creating new.

At the same time I don't think that in standard we can achieve putting the notification automatically in to Put in Process mode. You need ABAP help as you mentioned if the requirement is really stringent. May I know the business process that demands so? As per my understanding the notification should be put in process only when the actual work starts. Hence originally it always has status as outstanding.

Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Anand Thank you for your quick replay! We basically use this function to handel our Change Requests for Material BOM / Routing and DMS data. The first Notification we create is the Change Request(Notification Type CR). Requester (YR) is basically the User who creates the CR. In some cases they overwrite the user Name. This CR will be classified by a Subject Code and described in Long text field. This CR will be validated and if the Change request is OK Coordinator will create a new Notification with Reference to this CR. So far so good! Now the Partner YR should be also copied to the new Notification (Change Ordr CO) and this CO should be put in Process after saving. Kind regards Peter

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fantastic!! . So you are using the notification functionality for this purpose! I am not aware if there exit any standard workflow objects for BOM or Routing. If so those will be the more relevant for this  kind requirement. To the best of knowledge putting the notification in process after saving could not be mapped with standard customization. You need to use an exit and trigger the logic at the time of saving event. Mainly ABAP's role!

So the partner in your case is the user who created first notification of type CR. If you assign this user as coordinator in CR notification type, it will flow in to new notification that you create with reference to this notification. Or if that is not possible then you can even utilize any other unused field (such as Reference field) in CR notification. This unused new field will also be copied in to the new notification automatically.

I've some other points. May not be relevant as I think you have already mapped the above process. But I would like to ask that you create new notification and give reference to earlier notification to connect the two or establishing the link between 2 with partner as common factor. Why can't you explore the standard notification's feature Task? The flow would be something like below,

1. The requester will create the notification using QM01 with CR type mentioning details of what needs to be changed
  2. The coordinator will assign the task in task tab and will assign this task to the person responsible.
  3. You can customize the codes for task for having some standardization.
  4. The concerned person will work upon it and close it as soon as it would be completed
  5. The coordinator or requester will verify that the task (May be BOM or Routing change) has been done and will mark the task as successful or even close the notification.

These are just the thoughts, you might have explored these already. So in my conclusion with reference to your original requirement - ABAP help is required for changing the status automatically.

Anand

0 Kudos

Hi Anand Thanks for your replay! Of course we use the function Task and they will be generated depend on subject code. Coordinator will do this, assign User responsible and Releases the Tasks. User get an Email but this is not relevant for our requirments. In our Change Process a Change Request (CR) needs to be verified. This will be done by Coordinator with the function Tasks. If they decide changes “make sense” and Tasks are completed Coordinator must create a new Change Order (CO) with reference to this Change Request! He creates also Tasks and create in parallel a Change Master (CC01) with the same number than the Change Order. We know a lot of work but since we have this 3 Objects changes (BOM / Routing and Documents) are under control….. If I have understood you right we have to enhance SAP Standard to fulfill those 2 requirements. Kind regards Peter