cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Exception (102) : RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a ECC 6.0 System, system id of which is FS3.

We have a Enterprise Portal 6.0 SPS 13.

SLD Configuration on the Enterprise Portal is perfect.

Technical Landscape Defination for the backend system FS3 is also correct.

I have checked all the required parameters, <b>Message Server, Message Server Port, Central Application Server, Client, Logon Group</b> in the Technical System Definition, everything is correct.

But when I am trying to Test the JCo Connection, in which I am selecting FS3 as the system I am getting the following Exception :

<b>com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=lnxeccd1 GROUP=ZTEST R3NAME=FS3 MSSERV=sapmsFS3 PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR The message received isn't from a message server. Are you really connected to the message server? Please check your connection parameters. (lnxeccd1 / sapmsFS3) TIME Wed Apr 18 05:16:55 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT MS (message handling interface, multithreaded) VERSION 4 RC -29 MODULE msxxi.c LINE 2496 COUNTER 6</b>

I have checked :

1) there is entry in the service file : sapmsFS3 8000/tcp (8000 is the message server port)

2) also from the Portal Server : I am able to ping the application server of FS3 system, so the entry in Host File is also correct.

Any ideas on what could be the reason for this Error. Any help would be much appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try these stpes.

1. Install SAP Logon pad in the portal server if its not installed.

2. Go to Groups section in the sap logon pad , enter the r/3 system details and click on generate list. Does this list the groups.

Check the connection again.

Regards

Bharathwaj

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Please Visit these Links,

/thread/203152 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Ram.