Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Note does not contain any valid correction instruction

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We are trying to apply a note for c4c support package but we are getting the below information.When I checked the long text I could see the note is valid for bit older software package.

Since we have installed latest software component, why is sap showing us to timplement this note. How should we move forward.

Thanks&Regards,

Adarsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Adarsh,

Please inform the number of the note you are trying to apply and the current version and SP level of the related software component.

Regards,

Isaías

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

We are trying to implement note no: 1984312.

It says this note is valid for SAPKH67004

Although we have support package 670 but we don't have any patches fr that.

Should i update the support package patch.Please reply.

Thanks&Regards,

Adarsh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the SAP Note number & other system related relevant information as already requested above.

Regards,

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We are trying to implement note no: 1984312.

It says this note is valid for SAPKH67004

Although we have support package 670 but we don't have any patches fr that.

Should i update the support package patch.Please reply.

Thanks&Regards,

Adarsh

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh ,

The following Sap Note   has corrections wfor software component SAP_APPL .

Since your SAP_APPL version is 617 ( Patch level 000 ) , This note cannot be  implemented using transaction SNOTE .

You should  Patch it  ( SAP_APPL ) to SPS 01 atleast to implement this Note     or Better patch SAP_APPL TO SPS04   to get it automatically

Thanks ,

Manu

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I tried to implement the SAP not and getting the below screen:

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh ,

Please read my above post .

You cannot install this note  ( as it's correction instruction is  not applicable to your SAP_APPL version ) . You need to be in SAPKH61701 atleast to implemnet this Note through SNOTE

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Note staus is cannot be implemted.  So it seems Note is not valid for your system.

Regards,
Gaurav

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Thanks for your reply. I understood that. But now if i have to update SAP_APPL i have to also update SAP_ABA, PI_BASIS,SAP_BW,SAP_BS_FND, WEBCUIF components since this support package is dependent on them.

Now like you specified, there is no other way than updating all these components to apply this note?

Thanks&Regards,

Adarsh

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

In principal, if the code was applicable in your version, SAP would have made the correction available for your version. This note introduces an additional parameter in the coding but if that parameter also requires code changes somewhere else ~which is probably why you need to be on a higher SP stack level, you won't have any benefit/gain of implementing the code correction since other coding might not be aware of this parameter or won't do anything different in the process when you run through.

Safest options would indeed by applying a SP stack through stack calculation so you've got all dependencies covered.

If that's impossible you could check with SAP but if it's not valid, they would need to reverse engineer more code in order to enable this. I doubt they will be eager to do this.

Best regards

Tom

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh ,

Believe You need to generate a new stack_xml   using MOPZ , as SAP_APPL may have other dependencies as well  .

More over since your SAP_APPL is in the base sp level (000) , you might be prone to other errors as well .

Thanks ,

Manu