cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a subcontracting PR with Remote Logistics Management (RLM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a material with the following material master setup and Supply Process 3 is triggered (Material is stocked at Demand Plant and procured via the Supply Plant): Demand Plant MRP Type = V1 Demand Plant Special Procurement = 42 (Stock Transfer from Supply Plant) Supply Plant MRP Type = PD Supply Plant Special Procurement = Blank When the material needs to be restocked at the Demand Plant, MRP runs and a Stock Transport Requisition (STR) is generated. This STR is then converted to an Stock Transport Order (STO) via transaction O3O_SC01 and a PR with item category = Blank is generated automatically for Supply Plant. Due to new business requirements, the business now wants to procure the material at the Supply Plant via the Subcontracting method, which means that the system will need to generate a Subcontracting PR for the Supply Plant. I then change the Supply Plant Special Procurement from Blank to 30 (Subcontracting). However, when running O3O_SC01, I get the error below: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OSR Procurement uses special procurement type L for material 9128205 Message no. ME174 Procedure In the case of a Purchase Requisition: This material is flagged in the material master to be managed via Inventory Management, and should not be directly requested via a Purchase Requisition. Please remove this material from the Purchase Requisition and request from the store via a Reservation. In the case of a Purchase Order: This material is flagged to be procured from a Supply Base and not directly procured from an external Vendor. Please update the document as follows: Change Item Category to 'U' (Stock Transfer). The Vendor should be the Suppyling Plant (relevent Supply Base). Ensure the Shipping tab has determined the correct Route. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Has anyone done anything like this before and could you share your experience? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:
SAP has replied to my query above and have confirmed that it's not possible to achieve this without development being done.