cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNTAX ERROR IN PROGRAM “SAPFGIMV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abapers, I face a program error in SAP. When I try to execute f-02,f-22,gp12n,etc, I receive the following error message: “program terminated, short dump created, runtime error”. the program SAPLGLIN is terminated. Syntax error in program SAPFGIMV.  DUMP DETAIL IN ST22: SYNTAX ERROR IN PROGRAM “SAPFGIMV” ERROR IN THE ABAP APPLICATION PROGRAM THE CURRENT ABAP PROGRAM “SAPLGLIN”  HAD TO BE TERMINATED BECAUSE IT HAS COME ACROSS A STATEMENT WHICH CAN NOT BE EXECUTED THE FOLLOWING SYNTAX ERROR OCCURED IN PROGRAM “SAPFGIMV” IN INCLUDE “FGIMV” IN LINE 550 THE DATA OBJECT  “*GLU1” DOES NOT HAVE A COMPONENT CALLED “.” TERMINATION OCCURED IN THE ABAP PROGRAM “SAPLGLIN” – IN “BELEGPOSITION VERARBEITUNG” THE MAIN PROGRAM AS SAPMF05A TERMINATION POINT IN LINE 304 LINE 304:  IF LEDGER-GLFLEX IS INITIAL Could anyone reply with solutions for this issue. Regards, Maragatha krishnan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Margaretha,

SAP note 1458007 contains a syntax check report, which may help you to find your issue.

You can check also SAP note 1522827, which can cause that issue

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus

It prompts for authentication username & password..............

Need your help to view the note.

Rgds

Maragatha

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maragatha,

without an authorized user you are not allowed to see the note.

How to see OSS Notes? | SCN

~Florian

Btw: This could be easily discovered by using the search-function located in the upper right corner.

I recommend you to work through the getting started documents also located there.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maragatha,

as I mentioned before. I cannot provide you the steps to fix this error, because you just need to phone your developer or helpdesk that they should take care about it

Provide an example and I'm pretty sure your problem is fixed very quick. It seems you are not a developer so you won't be able to analyze this error and fix it.

~Florian

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maragatha,

what do you want us to say. You need a developer which looks inside and see if there is a modification or enhancement or whatever.

The syntax is just not correct. That's it.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Florian, Through the mentioned dump detail, could you suggest me steps of correcting the problem. DUMP DETAIL IN ST22: SYNTAX ERROR IN PROGRAM “SAPFGIMV” ERROR IN THE ABAP APPLICATION PROGRAM THE CURRENT ABAP PROGRAM “SAPLGLIN”  HAD TO BE TERMINATED BECAUSE IT HAS COME ACROSS A STATEMENT WHICH CAN NOT BE EXECUTED THE FOLLOWING SYNTAX ERROR OCCURED IN PROGRAM “SAPFGIMV” IN INCLUDE “FGIMV” IN LINE 550 THE DATA OBJECT  “*GLU1” DOES NOT HAVE A COMPONENT CALLED “.” TERMINATION OCCURED IN THE ABAP PROGRAM “SAPLGLIN” – IN “BELEGPOSITION VERARBEITUNG” THE MAIN PROGRAM AS SAPMF05A TERMINATION POINT IN LINE 304 LINE 304:  IF LEDGER-GLFLEX IS INITIAL warm rgds, Maragatha krishnan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the program names shown are all SAP programs I would suggest to follow the instructions given in the dump and search SAP Market Place with the hints given in the dump.

Among other notes there is one interesting note that has an analysis program  to locate the root cause, SAP says it is usually caused by wrong customizing, since the programs are generated based on customizing. All explained in the content of the note: 1458007 - Syntax error in program SAPFGIMV or RGIMF000

Just in case you do not know how to read and understand a dump then please see Matt's document