Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

host name appears two times in the browser during solman_setup

ibrahim_yooseff
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have installed SAP solution manager 7.1 host name is " ibisky" ipaddress 192.168.1.4.during installation it asked for dns host I have ibisky.workgroup.com and I editied the host file system32  ip 192.168.1.4 host (ibisky.workgroup.com)

my concer is when I try solman_setup in the browser it showing http://ibisky.ibisky.workgroup.com:8000/sap/bc/public/myssocntl?sap-client=000. the hostname displays two times and the link not working but if I manually edit to http://ibisky:8000 then the page displays login page. I have attached required screen shots of my system configurations. Kindly give me a solutions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhijeet_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yooseff,

what is the ip address of your pc where you have installed SOLMAN ?

Whatever you get ip, you can confirm if "NWA" application work on it

ie http://ip:port/nwa

port is usually 5<instance number>00 .. instance number is the number you gave at the time of installation .

in profile parameter replace parameter icm/host_name_full value to ip address and it will work.

Thanks

Abhijeet

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

Here issue is related with the below host name parameters set for the system

icm/host_name_full  ibisky

Try to set it as

icm/host_name_full  ibisky.workgroup.com

Host name is appearing two times as because of the parameters SAPLOCALHOSTFULL,SAPFQDN & SAPLOCALHOST.To set the correct value suggest you to follow

Setting the FQDN

The following variables and parameters are used to set the host and domain names:

●  SAPLOCALHOST

●  SAPLOCALHOSTFULL

●  icm/host_name_full

The ICM sets the FQHN in accordance with the hierarchy below:

1.  The SAPLOCALHOSTFULL parameter in the SAP profile (recommended for high availability configurations) has top priority. If it is set in the profile file, the ICM takes this as the FQHN value.

Note that the system default value of SAPLOCALHOSTFULL contains the host name without the domain, which is why the ICM ignores the system default.

2.  If the parameter is not set, the value in icm/host_name_full is used.

Set the value iicm/host_name_full = $(SAPLOCALHOST).domain.ext.

This is particularly suitable for situations where multiple application servers are operating with one instance profile.

3.  If this parameter is also not set, the ICM takes the FQHN of the operating system.

The SAPLOCALHOST parameter is not fully qualified and is not used by the ICM for services.

SAP recommends that you set either SAPLOCALHOSTFULL (for high availability configurations), or icm/host_name_full.

from SAP link Fully Qualified Domain Names (FQDN) - Developing, Configuring, and Adapting Applications - SAP Libra...

One more thing which i would recommend you to modify host file as like

127.0.0.1   localhost.localdomain  localhost

<IP of server>  <FQDN of System>

After that try to re-check and confirm .

Hope this will help you.

Regards,