cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Report Parameters

0 Kudos

I have been using 11.5 for years.  I switched to .NET this year.  I am use to being able to use the print out method to print a crystal report without the viewer.  If I have parameter under 11.5 the prompt popup comes up and asks for the parameters.  Now it gives me an error about the values not being set.  Is there a way to ask for the parameters rather than passing values behind.  I just want the prompt to popup and ask them the values that are located inside the report. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

János_at_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you checked the following document, which is the guide for CR and .NET:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sapCRVS2010/en/crnet10_dg_en.pdf

What is your parameter, and what is the error message?

Thanks,

János

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a way to fake it. See KBA 2054263 - How to force parameter prompts without using the Crystal Reports web viewer

Other than that, you'd have to build your own parameter screen, collect the user inputs and then pass those to the report engine.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

0 Kudos

Setting up a hidden viewer on the page is so wrong on so many levels.  I appreciate the comment in trying to help me but there is no way I rigging(rubber banding) software like that. The old crystal viewer worked as expected.  When you printed out a report from code it prompted you with the prompt.dll and asked you for the parameters using the viewer or not.  Why did they abandon this feature?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, different SDK, different behavior. The design was that it was going to be the viewer driving the parameters. The reason is that really there is nothing preventing you from creating your own parameter forms and passing the input from the user to the report engine. My viewer solution is if you don't want to put in the extra few lines of code for your own parameter forms. Don't quite see what is wrong with that solution anyhow(?).

- Ludek

0 Kudos

I guess the issue is that I do not know what the parameters are going to be in the report.  They could be a date, text, numeric, etc.  I don't know how many parameters will be on each report.  I have people that write 100's of these reports.  If they were all the same of a fixed number of them it would be pretty easy just a few lines of code. So with your method I would assume I have to read the report and get all the parameters determine the type of parameter and create the control needed for the specific type of parameter? Is that the idea?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that would be it. Now given the scenario, why is using the viewer to drive this so wrong? Just wondering.

- Ludek