cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Management: Define Selection Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, I have question regarding on day type selection rule.

For example, I have employees that comprises of corporate  and plant.

For the corporate staffs they work from mon to fri and sat and sun and PH off.

For the factory  they work from mon-sun with an off day in weekday and they are required to work on PH.

How do I configure day type selection rule(like whether today is working day or off/paid or off/unpaid) in the work schedule rule as I do not understand the concept of day type selection rule. Please help me by putting some useful example.

Thanks in Advance.

-Piyali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyali,

Please go through the below document where the concept of Day Type Selection Rule is explained in detail.

I hope this resolves your query.

Regards,

Vivek Barnwal

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Day types are used to distinguish days each other, Holiday, Weekly off, Working day, Half day working day depends on above conditions we will use them accordingly.

What exactly the requirement accordingly we can suggest.

Further you wanted to understand then better you will have to go through documentation of SAP, sap.help.com, Google so that you will get an idea.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyali,

"Holiday Classes" are Assigned "Day Types" in the Selection rule.

Day types determine the "Payment" Aspects of holiday, it tells whether a holiday class is paid or not

In Selection Rule Every Space is a Holiday Class from 0 - 9

against this classes we enter day types

below is the selection rule, but in the table  T553A (Selection Rule) you cannot see the holiday class so you have to assume

Weekday                Sat                         Sun

Holiday Class                         0123456789            0123456789            0123456789

Day Type                                0111                       0111                       0111

For Holiday Class 0 (Not a Public Holiday ) we Assign  Day type 0 (Work & Paid) - that means if its not a public holiday, employee should work and then only he will get payment

For Holiday Class 1 (Public Holiday) we Assign Day type 1 (Time off & Paid) - that means if its a public holiday employee will get payment even if he doesn't work.

and so on...

and we assign "Selection Rule" in Screen "Work Schedule Rules"  (T508A)

thanks.