Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Issue with DAA Installation

Hello Experts,

I am facing a strange issue while trying to install DAA on our productive system.I am trying to install DAA with Kernel 721 EXT in RHEL environment.

SWPM is failing with error message "Unable to set owner /usr/sap/DAB/SYS/exe/run.

The message is very clear.But I am unable to understand that why SWPM is unable to set the owner despite running as root.It is having all the necessary authorizations and permission.

Going further I tried to set the permission manually and the installer continues.It is subsequently throwing the same error message one by another.After setting all the permissions manually finally the DAA is installed.But at the last step of SWPM it is again failing with the same error message "Unable to set owner /usr/sap/DAB/work/smd.log .This time I checked and found the smd.log file owner is already dabadm(which is our daa user) with sufficient authorization.

Now after this point it is a hard stop for me.At this point DAA is up and ruining.I am also able to attach the DAA with my solman system.But again another issue appears after that.Though the agent i attached successfully but it is unable to detect the host agent of the server.

I have tried to install DAA in 8 different system and out of which for 2 I am able to installĀ  DAA without any issue.For those 2 system host agent is also getting recognized from solman system.So I think theere is no separate issue with host agent ,it is arising because of the unsuccessful DAA installtion.

Please can you help me in finding out the issue with other systems.I compared the systems and everything is equal in terms of mount point/authorization/permission.

Attaching the screenshots.

dab2.png (61787 B)
dab1.png (39572 B)
sapinst.log.zip (42576 B)
Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question