cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU Label scanning as Per Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We receive around 40 boxes (1 box = 400 pcs ) from one production order into warehouse.

Each bin can hold max. 30 boxes.

We want system to print SU barcode having material code,batch ,Qty label ,so that it can used during TO confirmation via RF.

But the challenge is system is printing different 40 SU barcode label during TO creation.

Hence at the time of TO confirmation we have to scan 40 times  for 40 different SU number !

This is very time consuming activity & business is asking some alternative for this issue.

Is there any way to make the confirmation as per bin number i.e if 40 boxes are placed in 2 bin location.

User has to scan just 2 times .

Any modification in SU label printing can fix this problem ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You said you received 40 boxes and they will go into 2 bins, 30 in bin A and another 10 into bin B.

How do they physically get there?

Are 30 boxes on one pallet and you have 1 movement to the bin or does the warehouse worker have to move each box separately?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen,

We are not using Pallet so far .

Each box has to move separately in to bin.

Regards,

Om

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is then to much work to scan 40 times?

In general the warehouse worker gets the workitem (the TO item) on his RF device, and this is telling him to move a storage unit to bin A.

so he scans the barcode on the SU - moves the SU -  scans the lable at the bin - confirms the TO item.

and then he goes to the next work order in the queue.

All this confirms that the accuracy of storage unit, bin and movement.

If you had a pallet and 30 items on one pallet would be storage unit 1 and the second pallet with 10 items would be storage unit 2, and you had a forklift to move the SUs, then you would only need to do this for 2 SUs instead for 40 single SUs

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if each box has to move separately then I don't think you can do much here.
Before I go much in detail could you please let us know

1) How the physical movement takes place & what is the expectation (is he picking all the 30 box at one time from Goods receipt area and then going and dropping all the 30 box to Bin or he travel 30 times from goods receipt area to physical storage bin )

2) Scenario mentioned by you demand pallet to optimize the putaway process however you mentioned that you are not using Pallet, is there any valid business reason not to use pallet ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish for your post.

Goods movement is sloc to sloc transfer i.e IM to WM location after QA32.

Issue is how to configure system to behave the process as you suggested .

1 Box = 400 pcs (setting can be done in additonal data )

1 Pallet = 30 box -where we have to do this setting ?

I mean don't you think nesting of SUT is taking place i.e box is one SU and Pallet will be other SU !

Regards,

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for me it looks a very simple configuration where you will maintain 1 box = 400 pcs in additional data and 1pallet = 30 box in WM2 view of the material master

During TO generation system picks the value from WM2 view and create line item accordingly in Transfer order

i.e. if you have 40 box then it will create 2 line item one with 30 and another with 10 if you maintain the entry of 30 box per pallet in WM2 (Pallet needs to be defined as SUT in this case)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks manish !

Putaway issue is seem to be resolved but there is concern during picking .

Suppose i have to pick 20 box from the same bin then what field user shall used during TO confirmation via RF ?

Because now i won't have label in box it is there in pallet,pls correct me if i am going wrong .

Regards,

om

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

during picking the screen will display 20 box he just need to confirm the actual quantity which he is picking physically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish !

So in this case what different alternative unit of measure will come in picture ?

I mean what different unit of measure can we used during goods issue ?

Our requirement is both box(UoM) and Pcs(UoM) shall be available during GI.

Is this possible via RF at TO confirmation.

Regards,

om

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can have only one UoM at any point of time either Base unit of measure or WM unit of measure. Please check the option in WM1 view

Delivery will always have the Base UoM (which is Pcs in your case) and if you want at the time of TO generation you can go for WM unit of measure(PAL) or Base UoM(Pcs) by setting the value in WM1 view explore the option "Base unit of Measure and WM unit of Measure"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish,

I will check the the same in system.

Regards,

Om

Answers (0)