cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Search in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am exploring the HANA search services and other search options for one of the requirements.

The requirement is: in our SAP CRM application that's running on HANA, we would want to search for business transactions (say service requests) using a specific search string. The seach should look for a match in all text types like notes assignment block etc. and bring back the matching transaction list. Without HANA, this is possible with TREX but I would like to understand the possibilities with HANA.

Is there a way this can be achieved using HANA search options? Or do we have any standard search service provided that can used?

Any guidance on this topic would be ighly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can actually do it in HANA using Text Analysis or Text Mining.

If its a single text document and some analysis has to be done on it, you can go for Text Analysis.

Please refer the below link

https://hcp.sap.com/content/dam/website/saphana/en_us/Technology%20Documents/SPS09/SAP%20HANA%20SPS%...

Or else between the documents can be handled using Text Mining.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. But this would require to create a text column, index on it and then use it in search UI right?

How is the standard recommending to do that for some block like notes for a business transaction where the content is not stored in a single column. It is a free text.

Can someone please explain a little in technical terms rather that descriptive information on text analysis? I am specifically interested in blocks using text types - notes assignment block.

-- Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by blocks!!? For Hana the data being processed has to be in columns which are part of some tables.

Even though if the notes are saved in multiple columns, separate full text index can be created on all those columns and analysis is still possible.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

With blocks I meant, assignment blocks in business transactions - like notes assignment block that can contain free text and this text is not stored in one specific column & directly readable in CRM. We use specific FM to read them.

How does HANA text search help to search within such blocks?

Thanks,

Mohit

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are looking about text search.. have a look on fuzzy search in the below link

Fuzzy Search on Text Columns - SAP HANA Search Developer Guide - SAP Library

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krisha,

Thanks. With fuzzy search you need to have a column where your data is stored for search. How does it work in case of Notes assignment block? Here we can have a long string and usually it doesn't have a direct column read. We use FM to read the underlying text.

I am looking for something that can even search within such blocks. Will fuzzy search work for it?

Thanks,

Mohit