cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade fails - SUM - check-bco-components-slot 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading solman from 7.0 to 7.1. Reached downtime phase but getting following error:

SUM  pre-execute  pre-execute  check-bco-components-slot  com.sap.sdt.jspm.service.JspmService  class com.sap.sdt.jspm.service.JspmServiceException

Screenshot of the error is attached. Can someone help?

Regards,

SJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SJ,

You should check the log file that was mentioned in the error message (the path is written there). Maybe you can see some useful information there.

But when this error happens, there is a good chance the deployment queue got damaged/destroyed and you have to reset the upgarde and start from scratch.

Best Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Log shows following:

An error has occurred during the execution of the Check binary components deployment slot step with action p
re-execute. Service com.sap.sdt.jspm.service.JspmService failed with the following message:

No deployment queue.

Is there no other way to fix it than to reset?

If I go ahead with reset..is it going to cleanup shadow instance too or i have to clean it up manually? Do we need to create tablespace for the target version again? Should i use stop update and then reset update from SUM GUI and once it is done delete the SUM directory and then extract SUM again? Sorry I am not clear on resetting the update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ABAP phase shows RESTART: Stopped in phase MAIN_DTTRANS/DOWNCONF_DTTRANS

IF i reset it'll reset everything right? I dont have to go for restore backup?

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello S J,

Please check location where this file resides: CHECK-BCO-COMPONENTS-SLOT_01.LOG. Do you see a CREATE-QUEUE_01.LOG and a CHECK-QUEUE_01.LOG log file here?

If yes, it means the queue was created at some point. You can check the timestamp and the content too. If there was no [Error] message in these then there is no option but to reset.

Please check the SUM upgrade guide, Chapter 5.7 - Resetting the Software Update Manager. The steps are there.

Best Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I have attached the contents of the two logs mentioned by you. Can you take a quick look. The only error I see is related to maintenance certificate. Appreciate your help.

Regards,

SJ

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SJ,

If these are the latest CREATE-QUEUE and CHECK-QUEUE files then there is nothing you can do.

There are only Info and Warning messages there, which are normal.

What is interesting that the queue was created on 31 Aug. So it means you started the upgrade quite a few days ago.

Please check the corresponding SUM guide: http://service.sap.com/sltoolset   > Software Logistics Toolset 1.0 -> Documentation -> System Maintenance -> Updating SAP Systems Using Software Update Manager 1.0 SP1x ->

"Chapter 5.7 Resetting the Software Update Manager"

Best Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started resetting and getting following error. Looks like its not able to start shadow instance?

Checks after phase REV_DTTRANS/STARTSAP_DTTRANS were negative!

Last error code set: Process /usr/sap/SMD/DVEBMGS01/exe/sapcontrol exited with 2, see '/usr/sap/SMD/SUM/abap/log/SAPup.ECO' for details

System start failed

Can someone help?

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you attach the SAPup.ECO file too?

There can be a few root causes. This guide may be helpful.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached is SAPup.ECO.

Looks like its trying to start SAP but SAP is already up and running.

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. As per the guide suggests, we should also check this trace: SUM\abap\log\DEVTRACE.LOG. Please attach that too.

Thanks,

Peter

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You mentioned you were in downtime. How are you trying to reset ?

You should restore the Database Backup and SUM directory backup taken before the downtime phase and then try to reset the upgrade. Please confirm if steps are done.

BR,
Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried following and getting this output:

sapcontrol -nr 01 -function GetProcessList

13.09.2015 08:52:06
GetProcessList
OK
name, description, dispstatus, textstatus, starttime, elapsedtime, pid
msg_server, MessageServer, GRAY, Stopped, , , 27525202
disp+work, Dispatcher, GREEN, Running, Message Server connection ok, Dialog Queue time: 0.00 sec, AS Java: All processes running, 2015 09 13 08:31:40, 0:20:26, 4325462
rslgcoll, Central Syslog Collector, GREEN, Running, 2015 09 13 08:31:40, 0:20:26, 15204536
rslgsend, Central Syslog Sender, GREEN, Running, 2015 09 13 08:31:40, 0:20:26, 26607664
igswd_mt, IGS Watchdog, GRAY, Stopped, , , 27590716

I remember applying 1957443 for IGS and MSG SERVER in the beginning of the upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We restored our backup and started the upgrade again.

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope that issue with the deploy queue will not reoccur any more.

Regards,

Peter