Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Quant in Bin

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I execute LX25, for my warehouse 120 and Storage Type 904 (Returns), I see that there is one dynamic storage bin with the same number as that of delivery 8010001396. If I see the bin master record, I can see the ‘No. of Quants’ (Field : ANZQU) showing as 1, but the stock tab is empty. See below

Even when I try to look for the quant details in LQUA I do not see any data.

Further this delivery for a returns order (RE) was created in 2013 and it’s fully complete.

My question is why there is 1 quant in this Bin ?Is this some kind of inconsistency? 

Thanks,

Anuj Bhagawati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks inconsistent.

you can analyse the movements for this dynamic bin in LT26 if there was something special.

SAP has an analysis and cleansing report, see OSS  note 607226 - Analysis report RLTREORG2  for details. You do not need to implement the note, the report should already be there in current releases, but the note has some good information to understand what the report does

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Thank you for the information.

I did look at the movements for this dynamic bin but all the TO's were part of the same delivery i.e. 8010001396 and they were created and confirmed way back in 2013.

I believe once the return delivery is complete, this dynamic bin should have been deleted (that is one primary benifit of using dynamic bins) which is not the case here.

I executed Report RLTREORG2, but it did not give me any result either. I've alos checked note 607226  for a detailed undersatanding of this report. This report detects inconsistencies either between the quants and the storage bins or between the quants and the storage units, assuming that the quant data is correct. In our case as LQUA does not give me any result hence I believe the inconsistency might be the incorrect number of quant present in this bin i.e. 1

I cannot delete this bin via LS02N as its prompts me that the bin is not empty. Thus I feel the best way to deal would be to create an OSS note with SAP and ask them to delete this from databse. Let me know if you think otherwise.

Thanks,

Anuj Bhagawati

neil_murphy
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

This sounds like an inconsistency in LAGP-ANZQU. The capacity has not been redetermined correctly perhaps.

You can open an Incident with SAP if you would like the inconsistency to be corrected. The Support Engineer will require debug change authorization and access to run report RLTREORG2.

If there is truly no LQUA entry associated with this bin, the inconsistency should show up in RLTREORG2. However, if it does not, SAP Support will manually correct the bin record.

*Please ensure you provide permission for manual correction in the Incident to avoid delays*

Regards,

Neil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Everyone for your valuable inputs

I'll mark this thread as answered now. I've decided to ignore this as this inconsistency does not have much impact.

Thanks,

Anuj Bhagawati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, clearly an inconsistency. Are you unable to delete the bin with LS02N?

If you are able to delete it I would do so and clear this horrible incident from your mind forever.

anuj_bhagawati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Yes, I do feel its an inconsistency. No I cannot delete the bin via LS02N as it prompts me that bin is not empty

Will have to ask SAP to delete it from database. Let me know if you think otherwise.

Thanks,

Anuj Bhagawati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you think it is required, I agree, SAP should clear the inconsistency. They may mention the same report Jurgen mentioned so it would be a good idea to make it clear from the start you have already ran it (to save time).

Personally I would turn my eyes away from the bin and ignore it. One such inconsistency since 2013 does not warrant much effort and aside from it being ugly it has no impact.

As the years go by I learn not to focus on one time random events/glitches. I have seen hundreds of events and/or discrepancies that have only happened 1-4 times in the past 10 years.

I still have some stock in my 916 that mysteriously stayed there after goods issue. Its not showing ATP,  perhaps I will remove it one of these years....perhaps I will not 🙂