cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP issue during decryption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are getting "invalid key exception:illegal key size "error during decryption in our environment.

We are able to send encrypted files and the third party vendor able to decrypt the files but while we are decrytping the encrypted files by the vendor

we are getting the error.

kindly provide the inputs to fix the issue.

Regards,

Mahesh K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

Can you go through the my reply and let me know if you still face the problem?

If the problem is with the keys then request you to generate the keys by following the below link -

Generating ASCII Armored PGP Key Pairs - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the reply.

We have generated the keys as per the below link:

Generating ASCII Armored PGP Key Pairs - Process Integration - SCN Wiki.

Thirdy party vendor able to decrypt the files which we have encrypted but we are not able to decrypt the files which was encrypted by the vendor.

Regards,

Mahesh

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

Can you please tell me, how many key pairs you are using for this activity? I mean you are using one key pair for the encryption done by PI and decryption done at 3rd party.

And another key pair for encryption done at 3rd party and decryption done at PI end?

I would suggest you to do the following way -

1. Generate 2 key pairs i.e, 2 public and 2 Private key.

2. Use Public key of 1st pair to encrypt the message at PI end and give Private key of 1st pair to 3rd party to decrypt the message - This would be for outbound Scenario

3. Ask 3rd party to use public key of 2nd pair to encrypt the message and use the Private key of 2nd pair to decrypt the message from PI end.

You can do this with single pair, but it will lead to slightest of confusion, hence suggested to use 2 key pairs.

Please let me know if you need more help on this.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande