cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter instances Missing from Data Services Central Management Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Adapater instances tab is missing from DS admin Console. DP4.2 SP5.

Any Idea as how to recreate the same.

When repository has been migrated and deleted the old job server entry (from previous server) from Al_Machine table, I think this adapater instances went missing. Please advise as how to recreate the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Adapter Instance tab is missing because you deleted the Job Server entry from SAP Business Objects Data services metadata.

So please create a new job server and while creating you have a option to select that job server as a adapter pass all those details then only it will be available in SAP Business Objects Data Services management console.

Hope this will help!!!

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thank you.
Adapter instances got created, but throwing error unable to connect. Checked at the backend and all the entries exist that are similar to other environment (lower version. Attached screen shot.

When I click on Adapter Instances, I see the following messsage
Cannot connect to job server [RDS_JobServer_3, host:port [SERVERNAME:3502]. Communication Failure.Connection Rest. Repository connections are fine (can connect from back end and from CMC) Resynced the repo.

I cannot edit from Adapter configuration too.

From Webservices, do we need to do any additional steps ?

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you take a backup of the startup_script.xml file and then remove it from the following location

$LINK_DIR/adapters/startup_script.xml

Job Server will regenerate a valid one.

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

File STARTUP_SCRIPT.XML exists in DS 4.0 SP2 and I do not see this file in the same location in  DS 4.2 SP5.

Searched the installed location on linux but cound not find one.

Thanks

Anil

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Can you please refer below link. There is a similar situation in below thread.

DS 4.0 MSExcel adapter error | SCN

Also could you please increase the JVM size under Additional Java Launcher Options >> -Xms256m -Xmx512m in Adapter instance startup configuration

Regards

Arun Sasi

Message was edited by: Arun Sasi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP Note helped us to fix the issue - 1421052 - Job Server is not listed under Adapter Instance node in Management Console - Data Service