How to set Dynamic Query Parameters in MDO query
I'm using MII 15.0.
I've created a MDO object.
And I've created a MDO query which mode is : insert.
It works well when I put fix value in Insert Query tab Attribute Value.
My question is :
- How to set a dynamic parameter in Insert Query tab, and then insert the data dynamically?
- How to test the MDO query with a dynamic parameter?
- How to test the Transaction with a dynamic parameter MDO query?
- Is there any document of how to use the MDO in MII?
- Is there a management tool to manage the MDO tables? to CRUD the records in MDO table more easily.
Steve Stubbs replied
In any MDO Query Template where you want to 'dynamic' values, map a Param.x template property to each MDO Attribute that you need to insert/update. You can also user Param.x template properties in the Filter and Sort expressions. When you assign or use a Param.x property, enclose it in  like this:
example attribute mapping:
example Where clause:
where Attribute1 =='[Param6]' //note that you have to quote strings like this.
You can assign a data type to the Params, and assign a default value to a Param. I recommend that you assign a data type to each used Param tha exactly matches the data type of the MDO attribute that you want to map to, or when used in a Sort of Filter expression.
There are no MDO Management tools that I know of, you have to build MDO Queries for all Insert/Update/Delete queries, and manage the MDO object from MII Workbench.