cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Determination in Shipment Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I know that in shipment documents VT01N the route gets copied from the delivery document. Now, here is a new requirement form the client that the route should be copied from the delivery, however if we open shipment in edit mode, the route field should not be grayed out.

Business should have the authorization to change the route if required.

Can someone tell me how we can achieve the requirement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check an example that does not have the planning status complete/checked, I believe in standard that field is open for edits until the planning phase is started (your shipment should be status 0 "planned" to allow route edits)

You can check and.or un-check those statuses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

You are right, we have the option to make the changes in the Route, however if we will click
on planning the old route will be determined. And we need to stop that

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process is to maintain the route in the shipment before completing the planning step. If you leave it blank the shipment will copy the route from the delivery as per design.

Are you saying you maintain and save a route (other then the one in the delivery) in the shipment but when you click on planning the system is overriding/changing the route you have already populated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

thats exactly what happened. The route field was not grayed out. It will only be grayed out once we click on planning. I went into VT02n and changed the route and saved the document. Once I clicked planning after entering the new route, it got automatically changed to the route coming from delivery............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

So, the only question I have is - Is it the standard which is not allowing me to change the route?

Becuase while clicking on planning the system gave me a popup and asks me if I need to copy the route from delivery and even if I will say no- the system will copy the route from delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If no route is populated when you click planning I would expect the system to copy it from the delivery with no option the change. If you populate the desired route before clicking on planning the system should issue a pop-up message that will allow you to copy the route, or deselect the option and keep the route you added.

Please check SPRO > Logistics Execution > Transportation > Shipments > Define Shipment Types

There you can maintain a different copy routine and select from adopt stages options, that may influence the way its behaving for you if the above is not true for you.

I have do not adopt stages and option 7 selected in my system.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While you can try with Enhancement V56FSTAT, you need to ensure that based on route, no FI postings are happening currently in which case, there may be some inconsistency on FI postings.

G. Lakshmipathi