cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice request get status processed when using invoice schedule in contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when we use the invoice schedule in fixed price contracts with a date in the future, the system creates an invoice request with the status processed after this contract is released. I expected, that the invoice schedule would get the status "to be invoiced" when the date in the invoice schedule is reached and before that the status would be "open". I saw the same behavior in the self-enablement system. When and how will we get the invoice?

Best regards, Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Adie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

Can you clarify which invoice request type is processed once you released the contract.

Here is the behavior:

1. once the contract released, system generated an invoice request with type=Customer Contract Invoice Request and status is Processed.

2. According to the invioce schedule, system runs the backgroup job and create invoice request with status=To Be Invoiced and type=Scheduled Invoice Request.

3. Once the Scheduled Invoice Request invoiced, the invoice request changes to Processed.

The status of the scheduled invoice can be checked in the contract -> Pricing and Invoicing -> Invoice Schedule tab.

thanks,

Adie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adie,

thanks for your response.

I created a fixed price contract, with a duration 09/21/2015 to 09/20/2016 and contract date 09/16/2015. In the invoice schedule I added the invoice date 09/30/2015.

The invoice request get the status processed and I´m not able to invoice it. So the behavior should be that this status will change, when the date is reached (or 3 days before) during the background job in "to be invoiced"? It was the status "processed" which made me a bit nervous.

Thanks for your help, Jens

Adie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

This is the correct behavior.

In your example, the service item is with type=service-fix price in a contract and invoice schedule is maintaine. In this case, once the contract item released, the Customer Contract Invoice Request will be 'processed' and in the details table, you will see the contract item status is Not Relevant. Tis means it is not relevant for invoicing. This is becuase the invoice will be generated as per the scheduling.

If there is no invoice schedule made to the service-fixed price contract item, then, once the contract released. Customer Contract Invoice Request will be 'To Be Invioced', you can invoice it immediately.

It depends on what service type you selected, wether invoice schedule involved, what type of the document (sales order, service order, contract, ect). With different scenario, the invoice request based on the source document will be generated accordingly.

Kindly test it in your testing system, you will get better understanding.

Thanks,

Adie

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member590092
Participant
0 Kudos

Does this same had to be follow for the sales order scenario?

AnkushPashine
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens ,

To add what Adie explain ,please refer the below behavior.

For the Schedule base Contract->Item , the invoicing is reference to 'Schedule Invoice Request'(not with the reference to 'Customer Contract Invoice Request' ,which gets created on releasing of the Contract).

Once the Date is reach (within 3 days period), it creates the 'Schedule Invoice Request' under Invoice Request view with the status as 'To be Invoice'. On invoicing this 'Schedule Invoice Request' the status will further change to 'Invoice'.

Note : There exist NO status as 'Open' for 'Schedule Invoice Request' under Invoice Request view.

Best Regards,

Ankush Pashine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

thanks for your help. I just replied to Adies answer. I think we have to test it further. The status "processed" was that, what made me nervous, but did not really check if that will change in "to be invoiced" when the invoice date from the invoice schedule is reached.

best regards, Jens

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

I moved the thread to the SAP Business Bydesign community from the financial management community as this question relates to the Bydesign CRM area.

That being said,

I tried to recreate the scenario in one of the reference system and notice the same behaviour as you did.

When contract start date is in future, system created the invoice request with the status : "Processed".

This happened when

Contact start date : 01.10.2015

Contract end date : 30.09.2016

Contract date : 11.09.2015

So Invoice request had status processed based on the contract date.

When I change the contract date to future, i.e 01.10.2015, upon releasing the contract, system raised invoice request with the status to be invoiced.

I am no expert in customer invoice requests area. but here is what I understood, invoice request are being processed on the contract date (Item level and header level. I am not sure which one takes priority but I assume one maintained on the item level).

I hope this will help you please close this thread if this helps and answers your question.

Regards,

Harshal.