cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Inspection lot for different store locations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I Have a requirement like this.

My Production Order Quantity is 1000 Piece and Material Batch Managed.

Production Order          Quantity           Batch                    S.Loc                      Inspection Lot

XYZ                          1000                                                                              

XYZ                          100               11092015               0001                    1000000001

XYZ                          100               11092015               0001                    1000000001            

XYZ                           100               11092015               0002                    1000000002

For changed Store Location it should not create new inspection lot and it should be in batch inspection lot.

How to archive this.

Regards

Mohammad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

It is possible when You use early inspection lot and then use handling units packed for separate sotrage location.

It means that each HU has assigned storage location to post.

With IM this is impossible.
Br

Wojciech Adamski

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Craig. I noticed contrast in the subject and in the text you mentioned. From subject header I assume that you don't want new inspection lot generation if the storage location is changed and if the GR posting document has the same batch. Now if look at the examples you have given, the inspection lot is changing as the location is changed. I am sorry but this let me through confused state

Alternatively you can do entire GR in the same storage location. And later transfer the material to another location using 311 movement. Activate 08 inspection type before that in material master.

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can't be done.

The main reason is that you do stock postings in QM.  If the stock is in different storage locations, when you post the material, how would the system know which stock to post from which storage location?

So no.. this is not even something you want to try to do with a customization.  Way to many moving parts to give this a shot.

Can you give us an idea why your production people would be doing this?   As a QM person I would be hounding my PP-PI person to come up with a different design.

The only other suggestion i can give is to look at using "Results Copy" functionality to copy the results from one inspection lot to the other related ones.

Craig