cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use BDC in Webdynpro ( Urgent )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement through Webdynpro want to Clear the Payment using F-03 Transaction. So i used BDC record the screen and pull the data but through webdynpro am calling BDC, i wrote the code separate report. when i run its throw error and also not possible to using BDC Mode ( A, E ) only possible N Mode. Please give an idea how do to and where do to ? 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Gowtham
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

It is possible to call BDC from Web dynpro ABAP except ( A & E ) mode and if there are any problems in the BDC the same can be sent as message , kindly find the following example code.

DATA   lt_msg_tab         TYPE TABLE OF bdcmsgcoll.

CALL FUNCTION 'ZPR_CHANGE_ADD_NEW_DATA_1'

EXPORTING

Ctu          = 'X'

Mode       = 'N'

Update    = 'L'

Nodata    = '/'

im_lifnr    = lv_lifnr

IMPORTING

Subrc      = lv_subrc

TABLES

Messtab  = lt_msg_table.

- Gowtham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu and Gowtham,

Thanks for replaying, I try another way using Batch input method. Now its working fine and thanks lot for helping me  ...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186319
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

You said that you wrote the code in a separate report, meaning you are calling that report in the webdynpro application using submit program..?

And you also said that the webdynpro application is able to run the report BDC code in only N mode. Am I correct..?

You want to run the webdynpro application and BDC code in A and E modes right..?

Regards,

Raghu Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu, Thanks for replay...

Yes am using submit program and want A and E mode also..

former_member186319
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

It is not possible to run the GUI transactions in webdynpro application, for more details please check the below link and see the comment from Tom Van Doorslaer .

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1415075

Hint:

If you want to run in A and E modes, the only thing you can go for is to create a test program and run the report.

Regards,

Raghu Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for replaying, So you means there is no other ways for call BDC in Webdynpro am right ?

former_member186319
Participant
0 Kudos

It is possible to run the BDC in Webdynpro but only in "N" mode. It is not possible in A and E modes.

Regards,

Raghu Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

its okay. if supposes any error occur in that transaction, How can i come know where the error and which screen error occur ?..why am asking means this questions, because user want to know about this process..     

former_member186319
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

A and E modes are just to analyse ourselves where the ERROR occurred. User doesn't need this.

We can only provide them the error messages from BDCMSGCOLL. By seeing that error messages user fills the necessary missing mandatory information and re-runs the application.

Note: Only thing we can do is to provide them (User) a detailed error message description.

Regards,

Raghu Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raghu,

No. i try to get error message but webdynpro application giving a dump ( in that include the BDC error message also ). how can user understand?. Kindly help me this one..

former_member186319
Participant
0 Kudos

Share me the logic that you used for BDC error messages.

Regards,

Raghu Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

CALL TRANSACTION 'F-03'
    USING bdcdata
    MODE 'N'
    UPDATE 'S'
    MESSAGES INTO imsgtab.

EXPORT imsgtab TO MEMORY ID 'MSGTAB'.

former_member186319
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

Can you try the below links to handle the error messages from SUBMIT report.

By Vasanth M:

By Dieter Gröhn:

Catch message from submit abap report | SCN

Regards,

Raghu Prasad