Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement w/o material from vendor with plant assignment not defined

caroline_ball
Explorer
0 Kudos

Morning all,

We are using Extended classic scenario for SRM 7.01. We have material and free text SC's  and PO's. and all Purchase orders are copied to the backend system . For the Free text SC's converted to a PO we are getting the above message when we use a vendor that has the plant setting maintained in ECC. We only get this error after the PO is ordered in SRM and copied to the backend system.

I would like as this is a standard ECC message in SRM when the user selects Order that this validation is done then and the error shows in the PO SRM screen.

For this issue the PO on SRM initially shows as ordered and then when the update is done in ECC the status changes to Error in Process. I am trying to avoid this.

Thanks Caroline

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

caroline_ball
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ivy,

This is not the issue, the requirement is that we have a setting maintained in the vendor master that restricts you creating a Requistion/PO for a vendor for a free text item if the value in the vendor master is set as a plant link. This is standard SAP.

I am wondering if that same logic exists in SRM to control this plant setting and will give an error to a user when they create a SC that if they use a certain vendor the SC must reference a material number .

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be honest, I didn't get your points. Would you describe your requirement more clearly?

BR,
Ivy

caroline_ball
Explorer
0 Kudos

Maybe you have not this issue in your system where you use the plant field in ECC. I will create an SAP message.

Thank you

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For ECC plants, if you want to use it in SRM side, please make sure it is replicated to SRM.
Refer to the following wiki for this process:

Location Replication - Supplier Relationship Management - SCN Wiki

BR,
Ivy