cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Plan Creation - Filter on Test Case Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While Creating the Test plan, the requirement is filter based on the name.

What should be the best way to do that.

Help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

But my question is that while creating test plans, is it possible to filter based on the test case name.

We are using Test types in the test case itself, and we would like to filter the test cases based on the name.

If not, what should be the best way to assign the type of test case, so that we are able to filter while creating test plans.

Ex- if we are creating test plan for Functional test type (it is created as Functional test set), then we would like all the nodes with the Functional test.

N

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You can put filter for Test cases and can choose node for particular test cases.

If you don't want to put filter, then you have to choose particular node in which you have attached Test cases. And after that you can generate Test Plan.

Thanks

Gaurav Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

As you pointed out it is possible to filter test cases. Actually there is a criteria to filter by document type or even by title. From my experience as a test manager, the preparation is a key point.

I often come across to these different scenarios.

• Each test type has individual document template.
  • Each test case has keyword assigned.
  • Each test case has attributes assigned.
  • Each test case name has prefixes determining type of test.
  • And my personal favorite - different test types are assigned to different levels of process structure.

Especially the last one greatly helped me to manage and quickly prepare test plans.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

If I understand correct then, you are saying that there is filter based on "Test Case Name" on the test plan creation screen. Could you please show it.

I am not able to find it.

BR, N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I found it in different flap. Hope it works

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create the test sets, and you can then attach the test sets to test cases and then filter based on test sets. i guess this can be best approach.

Thanks

Rishav

omkar_kuldharan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello N. Y. Declerck,

Could you please elaborate what is the requirement?

As per my understanding, you need drop down in test plan name so that existing test plan names also be shown while creating a new test plan. Please correct if i'm wrong.

Regards,

Omkar Kuldharan