Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM and SAP MDM integration

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know if anyone connected SAP IDM with SAP MDM?

I can see there is no standard out-of-box connector available as of now, but a 3rd party connector by IBSolutions.

Since MDM is a SAP product, do they have plans to include MDM connector in provisioning framework anytime soon?

I am currently reading about MDM to understand what the system about and how I can leverage standard IDM passes to connect with MDM system.

Please share your experience so that I can go tailor my research on that direction. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Jai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

I don't think the SAP won't integrate the MDM with an own connector. It hasn't been on the roadmap for years.

Over the years I have connected the MDM in half a dozen projects with said connector (I wrote it back in 2008 ).

The MDM Java API is quite well documented: MDM Java API Library

For the IdM Java API (DSE.jar) I've written a blog how it's possible to use it:

Years old but still valid today. It should work similar in 8.0, too (or at least I hope it does).

These are the basics for any Java based API connector.

I assume there are some more self written implementations out there which have done the same. Implementing such a connector now would take me about two weeks. Initially it cost me about two to three months, with already knowing the MDM Java API quite well.

BR

Dominik

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for sharing. I can write javascript snippets but writing connector classes would be too much to ask. Nevertheless I will give a try and share how far I go.

Kind regards,

Jai

Answers (0)