cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori - My Inbox app - Manage Substitutes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented the My Inbox app. The app is working fine, except for the substitution. I can view my substitutes that pulled in from the back end system, but when I try to add one, the search doesnt pull in any SAP usernames in the system. So, I am not able to create substitutes through the app.

Can anyone suggest on how to activate that functionality of being able to search/view users in the system?

A quick response would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution. It is mentioned in the Release Note for My Inbox 2106212 at the very bottom under 'Additional Information'. I implemented the note but missed this info....its definitely a hidden spot for details on how to turn on certain functionality. My recommendation to SAP is to add it to the app implementation documentation, especially if it is disabled by default!

Anyhow, following is the screenshot from the note on how to turn it on:

Once you are there, hit 'New Entries' and mark the checkbox and save it.

Once I enabled it, I could search for any user by just typing in their username or first/last name.

Thank you everyone for their input!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. This information helps to resolve the same issue which is in our system.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

Do you get any error, while searching for username ? Ensure that you have implemented all mandatory notes for this functionality in backend and Gateway system.

Regards

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response Tejas.

No I dont get any error, just a blank screen as in the screenshot below.

I havent implemented all the notes however. Since they seemed related to attachments etc. Do you think that would be my problem?

Thank you for your help.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also ensure, that backend substitutes have been maintained. Not sure from HR perspective, but I feel they should be in same positions in order to be the substitute of someone.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to maintain substitutes in the backend. And the app is able to pull in the substitutes maintained through SAP GUI into the app (as shown in the screenshot).

The issue is only with adding a new one - since I cant search for an employee, I cant add a new one through the app either.

Thanks,

Priya

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

What is the support package level for UIX01CA1?

If it is not SP05, please update to SP05.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are having the same issue and are on SP05 for UIX01CA1. Any input would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you for your input. We are on SP05 for UIX01CA1 and SP07 for IW_PGW.

Anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I have the same situation when trying to forward a PR in the 'Approve Requisitions' app.

Is there a global setting I need to turn on for Fiori to be able to search usernames that exist in the system?

Please help!

Thanks,

Priya

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

You need to maintain possible agent to the task for forwarding. Please add a specific user and test.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I am not sure if that would be a problem since I am not substituting per workflow, but just an overall substitute for my user.

As shown in the screenshot below, these substitutes got pulled into the app automatically from the backend since 2 substitutes had been maintained through SAP GUI.

I want to be able to add them through the app which is giving me this issue of not being able to search for anyone.

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zeb,

Please look at my response. Hope it helps you as well.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank You. We are revisiting this issue now. We have already set the "Enable User List" flag in configuration. However, we get another error after trying to add a Substitute:

While debugging the TASKPROCESSING Service we noticed the System User Name field is the only field not populated which eventually causes the error.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

Thanks!

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please raise a new discussion for this - this discussion is over 7 months old and in any case the SCN rules of engagement encourage one problem per discussion for a very good reason - you are much more likely to get a response.

WIth my SCN moderator hat on