Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock/Unlock Key Figure in Macro

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to lock a key-figure as part of month end process and have it unlocked in next month. This needs to be done by background DP mass processing jobs via process chain.

My query is - In background mode, we won't be able to use ROW_INPUT or CELL_INPUT macro operators functions. So to achieve this requirement do we use Change Mode as "Value Change with Following Fixing" and for unlocking - "Value Change with Preceding Fixing"?

Do we have any other options - Please suggest.

Regards,

Alok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alok,

Check below link and try to replicate in your system.

I hope this resolves your issue.

Regards

Rahul

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for replying.

Actually we do not have fixed dates when the key figure should be locked/unlocked, so might not use the DAY operator.

Also does the CELL_INPUT works at few level? For example if I run the macro as Directly executable macro to lock the key figure at total level it gets locked  - But if i drill down at detailed level, I can see values still unlocked? My expectation was that values will be locked at all level if we use this operator.

Regards,

Alok

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alok,

Try to explore with AGG_LEVEL & ROW_INPUT. Just refer below link for understanding:

else you need to write a Badi macro for the same. Check my response (specially notes) in below link.

Regards

Rahul

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok

You do not require to do this using job as formatting functions do not work in background.

Please explore Macro Date function using below link. Example - BUCKET_BDATE() etc. On the specific date you can either Lock or Unlock keyfigure using ROW_INPUT() function.  Date Functions - Operators and Functions in Macros - SAP Library

Hope this will give you some clue.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare