cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 to PO 7.41 migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

We are planning to migrate our Middleware system from PI 7.1 to PO 7.41. As we have plenty of interfaces, we are planning to do the migration in phases. Meaning running PI and PO both systems in production running parallelly.

to do so i have few questions. I really appreciate if you can help me in those questions.

1. Do we need to have 2 parallel SLDs too? each for PI and PO?

2. Do we need to select the interfaces to migrate as per the systems? eg. i have 15 interfaces for ECC (using IDOC, RFC and ABAP Proxy), do i have to select all those 15 interfaces at a time to migrate from PI to PO? or can i take them in batches of 5 and do the periodic migration?

Reason for asking this is i saw that i can only configure 1 integration engine in ECC at a time.

3. We have many interfaces with Axis adapter in PI, can i get rid of Axis adapter in PO?

Please help me understand this.

Thanks,

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal

1. You can have parallel SLDs but note that your ECC system can only be pointing to 1 SLD (configured in t-code SLDAPICUST). If your PI and PO systems have different SIDs, you can consolidate them in 1 single SLD. If you do so, you need to consider whether the central SLD you are using is on the PI server or PO server, or even on SolMan (if you have it on your landscape) because eventually you will retire your PI 7.1 system when the migration is done.

2. You can migrate it in batches or all together, it will not matter because you can configure your ECC system to point to more than 1 Integration Server. This is achieved by using a subparameter in the configuration of IS_URL in SXMB_ADM, additional subparameters are maintained in t-code SXMSIF. Check document below for more details.

3. There is no fast answer for this because it depends on how each Axis interface is designed. The Axis adapter is very extensible so it could have been designed to do many different things. Saying that, one of the most common usage of it is to handle REST scenarios and if that is the case in your system, then you should be able to replace it with the new SAP REST adapter.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Eng for explaining it so well.

Answer of question one and question 2 points me to below question.

If I keep only 1 SLD for PO and PI, in that case while configuring business system for ECC, which integration server shall i give in SLD?

Eg: I have SLD in Solman. I have registered same SLD for PI and PO and my ECC system is also there. While I am configuring ECC Business system, i need to define Integration Engine that it is going to use, Which integration engine shall i use there?

4. If we have parallel SLDs for PI and PO, in that case ECC will be pointing to only 1 SLD. Hence we will have to migrate all the ECC related interfaces in one shot right?

5. If I have same SLD for PI and PO, then how will the ECC system understand which system to send the data too?

6. I have interfaces related to IDOC, Proxy and RFC with ECC. For IDOC if i will use IDOC adapter at AAE level then will there be any changes on ECC side? Also for Proxy interfaces if i will go with SOAP Adapter with XI Protocol, will there be any changes on ECC side?

Please help me answer these questions.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea anyone?

Thanks,

Hetal

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal

Apologies for the late reply as I have been away.

To answer your questions:

Ideally you should use the Integration Engine for PO since PI will eventually be decommisioned.

4 & 5. Like in my previous reply. It does not matter, because you can configure which interface points to which IS_URL by configuring the interface in SXMSIF if you are using proxy.

6. If you are using IDocs, then need to change the partner profile to use an IDoc port that points to the new PO system. For outbound proxy, the RFC destination used for the above IS_URL will need to point to the PO's SOAP adapter - please refer to the link I provided, it's all there.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (0)