cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when connecting to WebIntelligence Rich client

0 Kudos

Hi, I am using BO 4.1 SP 5.3, whenever I open citrix and open WebIntelligence Rich client, I get the following error. Can anyone help me why do we get this error?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Was this ever resolved..I have the same issue on a vm workstation

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen some strange issues on Citrix like this before.  It could be a permissions issues on a folder we are trying to write the extranet/lsi files to.

Here is how you can investigate this.

1) Download Process Monitor from Microsoft.  This logs all registry, files access, etc...

2) Add a filter to filter on the WebiRichClient.exe process (this will greatly reduce the amount of data to search through)

3) Launch WRC and attempt to login

4) Review the Process Monitor output.  This should show you the exact path it is trying to access the lsi and intranet/extranet files from.

for example, on my machine, I was able to tell that the files were loaded from:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My SAP BusinessObjects Documents\LocData

server.intranet

server_6400.lsi

These files will be created the first time you login from your client machine but on Citrix, the home dirs are different and this might be trying to write in a directory on the machine that doesn't exist or has access denied.

Thanks

Jb

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem. One User can not logon on in citrix rich client (online mode) and the same error comes. If the user logons on on a terminal session, which is not opened with his user, than he can logon.

Where in the file-system can be a file, which makes the error?

Andreas

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At least one time you need to login on the particular server  with username/password.

After that you can use "Use in Offline Mode".

Amit

0 Kudos

I have logged in into CMC for that server. I do it almost everyday. Is there some other place I should try to login?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CMC is different to Rich Client offline login mode.Offline Mode is not in the CMC login option.

Uncheck the offline mode checkbox in the rich client and login on the server.

After that you can use offline mode if you want.

Amit

0 Kudos

I logged in to the webserver and tried logging to WebI Rich client. Still same issue. Can it be due to some drive maapping which is required for WebI Rich client?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you login in off line mode in rich client?

are you able to login in the rich client without selecting the offline mode?

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to login in either mode, though I can login to BI Launch pad to WebIntelligence.

Its just the WebI Rich client where I am facing the issue.

Thanks,

Anish

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the error coming without offline mode at the time of login?

Amit