cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple entries extracted from 0SCEM_1 and 0SCEM_2 in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Since last one week we are facing an issue while extracting data in BI system from EM system using standard extractors 0SCEM_1 and 0SCEM_2.

Even when we post a single event in EM system (for ex. PICKUP), still we are getting multiple entries about 10 for this tracking ID in 0SCEM_1 extractor and huge entries about 120 for this tracking id in 0SCEM_2 extractor.

Because of this duplication, we are getting millions of records in the production system.

Can anybody suggest why this issue is happening suddenly and what can be done to avoid it?

Is it because of some configuration change in EM system? How to check it?

Your prompt response will be very much helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I just went through the code /SAPTRX/BW_EXTRACTION2 and looks like it's pulling all the events, delta or not.

So, you can do 2 things,

1) Open OSS

2) Meanwhile copy the /SAPTRX/BW_EXTRACTION2 into ZBW_EXTRACTION2 and add your little logic to get your current event ( I_EAI-EVENT_MSG-HDR ). This structure will have your current event and I_EAI-EVENT_MSG_EXT will have your message parameters. For Control/Info/EXPEV, you can use the UPDATE indicator flags from the model to find the latest values.

It's little coding but will help your current situation but always ask SAP for permanent solution.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu. We have already raised OSS to SAP last week and awaiting SAP's reply.

Your inputs will surely help. Thanks a lot!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Can you give OSS number here, so that Steffan or Daniel check and let you know?

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

If the issue started since last week means there could be following reasons and check with SAP Event Management consultant.

1. Check custom SAP BW data extration deployed in production in SAP EM part of any project or enhancement (configuration IMG -> Event Management -> SAP Business Information Warehouse Interface -> Define Functions for SAP BW Interface)

2. Any new transports deployed in ruleset configuration for BW_UPLOAD activity that would have overwritten delta and full (configuration IMG -> Event Management -> Reactions to Event Messages -> Reactions to Event Messages -> Check the ruleset -> Select Multitask Activities which defined e-g PICKUP or check rulesets -> rules (attach screen shot here))

3. Ruleset BW_UPLOAD is running for all the events every time so it may be posting 10 times.

4. Can you tell us any enhancements or transports deployed last week on SAP EM or ECC or TM source system?

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

1. All std.

2. Double checked all rule set. All rule set are set for DELTA only

3. Is there any way to restrict BW_UPLOAD running for those events which are neither reported and not have any changes in them? (Of course we need to have unreported events in which the planned timestamp has been updated by system because of some dependent event change)

4. No enhancement for BI interface.

Thanks,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

3. To understand better you said it is reporting same event 10 times when the system report once.  Is this statement right?

Can you attach screen shot of rules sets -> Rules of config?  We can guide your correctly.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

If you can tell me the steps how to check this then I can provide you this info.

Thanks,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Go to IMG -> Event Management -> Reactions to Event Messages -> Define Rule Sets -> Rule Sets -> Select the rule set which is causing the issue and click Rules.

Past the screen shot here.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do we know which rule set is causing the issue? We have more than 100 million records being extracted in each delta run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

First you need to find the ruleset profile name provided you know your EH Type ( goto /SAPTRX/EH_HDR is the eaiest way ).

Once you know your EH Type, goto

SPRO->Event Management->Event Handlers and Event Handler data->Event Handlers->Define EH Type->Double Click your EH Type and you will see the Ruleset name here.

Now goto the path which Gopi mentioned, select your ruleset and you can see the rules.

Don't want to confuse you but these rules will be triggered during event posting depending on the conditions and your BW_UPLOAD will be one of the activity in one( or more) of the rules.

Check with your functional colleague before posting the screen shot here as you might not want to disclose something which you should not disclose;)

Just post whatever is required for this issue.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

You can mask your customer config and attach screen shots of config to us.

We can tell you what's wrong in it ASAP after seeing screenshots.

Quick Question:

Do you have SAP EM consultant with you or you can request your project or project manager get some part time or seasonal SAP EM consultant to fix this.  if client don't fix this then reporting not accurate or enormous data with duplicate records reside in system.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Can you add your config screen shots?

Also, what update mode you are using ( should not be SPACE ).

Also, put a break point in FM /SAPTRX/BW_EXTRACTION2 and see what it's reading based on your BW profile setup.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

We are using V1 - Direct delta update mode - 1.

The FM is reading all the config as per BW profile set up. Since I'm not an EM functional consultant I could not figure out if anything is wrong in BW profile set up.

Can you suggest what to check?

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Are you using BW_UPLOAD activity? If yes, see if the Update_Type activity parameter = X in the ruleset. It should be 'X'.

if not sure, please run it by your functional consultant and see if the parameter is set to X or not in ruleset.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

The parameter for BW_UPLOAD is already set to X.

Thanks,

Uday