cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: How to handle/transport the system configuration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas 2.0 experts,

Hereby I'd like to ask what is the best solution to deply a Personas app from develop system to production system.

Current processes:

1. I have Personas app implemented on Dev sys. There is a system setting made by SPRO, D_SYS (incl uri, url), and in admin_ui, a group APP_GRP is set to the system D_SYS.

2. I use Personas transport to move the app objects and group to quality system, Q_SYS. And later, it will be moved to Product system, P_SYS. Whenever the app is moved, I have to go to admin_ui to set the group to the right system, and generate the new url.

A proposal processes:

1. On the Dev system, in SPRO, I added 3 systems, D_SYS, Q_SYS, P_SYS with different uri, url. (maybe I need to set RFC?)

2. In admin_ui, I have a group, APP_GRP which is assigned to 3 systems too. Also each flavor is assigned to 3 systems.

3. Now I tried to generate shortlink for the SMEN flavor, but I got the same root for the three systems, the root is the dev system. Is this due to the fact that the RFC is not set in SPRO for Q_SYS and P_SYS?

My thought is that by doing this way, I can deploy the same objects directly from D_SYS to Q_SYS and to P_SYS without doing changes in admin_ui, and 3 urls will work directly.

Please comments on this new procedure if it is a good idea to do.

Br,

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I answer myself:

Not possible to do so. Only same sys have to be used but can using different clients. Admin had to be modified after transport the objs.

Dong

Answers (0)