cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple connection names - sapbi opendoc url

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I encounter this scenario with multiple connections name with same CMS and URL where MobI randomly pick the connection to invoke even if the specific name in the SAPBI url from Safari

Here is the test

1) Create 2 connections connection ConnA and ConnB both have the same CMS and URL but different enterprise user/password

2) Open Safari and launch SAP MobI, using sapbi://OpenDoc/?ConnectionType=BOEConnection&connection_name=ConnA&..

or switch to ConnB

2a) Open Safari and launch SAP MobI, using sapbi://OpenDoc/?ConnectionType=BOEConnection&connection_name=ConnB&..

It seem like the SAP Mobi just randomly pick the connection base on the CMS name rather the connection name.  It totally ignore the connection.

Has anyone encounter this.

-rs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andrea_davoli83
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm in the same situation.

On an iPad with two different connection (different names and different systems ie. BO DEV environment and BO PROD environment ) installed on SAP BI App,  when I build an open document URL with parameter "connection_name=" for the first connection and execute link from a web page the SAP BI App will be riched but starts, I suppose, with the first connection in the list of connection.

Example:

I create connection "BO_DEV" for BO development environment;

then I create "BO_PROD" for BO production environment;

If a build a URL for open document with this syntax

sapbi://OpenDoc/?connection_name=BO_PROD&Type=xcelsius&iDocID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&sInstance=Param&lsSFlash=

BI App launch with BO_DEV connection.

Regards

Andrea

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Agree with Ashutosh that this is expected to work. Please create a Incident for Further investigation.

Regards

Vikas

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though this is expected to work, I am curious to understand your use case. Can you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve?

Regards,

Ashutosh