Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission Error while adding Destination in PCI notification MII 15

former_member204155
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For Verssioned Notification process, while creating notification in Plant Connectivity Integration --> Notification management; in Destination tab for the notification I am not able to add destination getting error.

The configuration I have done..

1. Enabled versioned notification in PCo.

2. Added MII Destination ( tested connection, result successful )

3. Ensure User has permission all PCo related Actions .

• XMII_REMOTEPCO_PublishActivate
  • XMII_REMOTEPCO_R
  • XMII_REMOTEPCO_PauseResume
  • XMII_REMOTEPCO_RW
  • XMII_REMOTEPCO_Transport
  • XMII_REMOTEPCO_Publish
  • XMII_REMOTEPCO_RWD
  • XMII_REMOTEPCO_ALL

Debugged in REST CLIENT  and found the service call on Add Destination button call is not successful.

Need Help. Am I missing something.??!!

Regards

Kuntal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204155
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any one to comment on this.?!

RuchirBatra
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

*try adding a simulation destination and then mii destination..

try, might work.. i remember some issue on similar lines ... not sure on versions. This might help.

former_member204155
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchira,

thanks for your reply, Simulation destination is already created and I have tried with both destination type in the service URL "MIIDestination" and "SimulationDestination". got sale error on both in RESET Client testing.

regards,

Kuntal

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that the Management Host Service is running on the PCo Server and is set up to start Automatically.

Regards, Steve

former_member204155
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve.

I have checked, as you said.

management host service running and mode is automatic. But Still the same permission error  in PCI.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kuntal,

I believe your issue is the user credentials, specified in the MII Data Server connector to the PCo Agent Instance that you are trying to configure, do not have Administrator access on PCo.  In order to manage PCo through Management Console, or via ManagementHost web services, the user making the request has to be a member or the Windows Adminstrators group on the PCo OS.

Regards, Steve

former_member204155
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Setve,

in MII data connection configuration It has been already used windows Administrator user credentials of the machine where PCo is physically installed.

Regards

Kuntal

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kuntal,

Which exact version and SP of MII and PCo?

Refer to this SCN article:

https:/scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-61178

in the section ManagementHost Integration with MII, and create A WebService action in an MII transaction, using the same Administrator credentials, and test the GetAgentInstancesRuntimeInfo operation. If this works and returns a response, then you will need to log a ticket against MII for this issue.

Regards, Steve

former_member204155
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Steve,

sorry for delay in my reply,!!

I have tested the system as you have mentioned and I can retrieve the Destinations through web service action block.

version of products integrated are.

When tested through transaction.

I am able to get agent run time info as well as destinations

But Still the issue persists.

Regards,

Kuntal.