Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign different cost center to a work center with diff validity period

rvelmurugan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I want to assign a new cost center(which got created) for a existing work center effective 01.Jan.2016. I want to have the existing cost center assignment to continue till 31.12.2015.

Is it possible to do it now with different validity period (for both cost center) and if possible, can you please provide inputs on how to do the same.

Is the validity start and end date in costing tab refers to validity period of work center assignment to a cost center (I have highlighted in attached screenshot)

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

R.Velmurugan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can achieve this requirement by just changing the validity dates in work center transaction CR02.

To keep the old cost center as assigned to work center, change the 'End date' of work center as up to 31.12.2015 and save the transaction CR02.

Now to assign new cost center again go to the work center (CR02) and change the 'Start date' as 01.01.2016 and 'End date' as 31.12.9999 and assign new cost center and save the transaction CR02.

Also keep/maintain the all activity prices for new cost center work center combination in KP26 transaction before changing the validity and assignment of cost center to work center.

Regards,

Naresh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Velmurugan,

Is the validity start and end date in costing tab refers to validity period of work center assignment to a cost center (I have highlighted in attached screenshot)

Yes it is the validity period of cost center assigned to WC.

If you want to discontinue one cost center after some time then you can change the cost center with new validity dates.

You need to test for any other repercussions during this change with any open orders.

BR
KK