Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Unable to install R in Predictive Analytics 2.3

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help.

I've tried several methods of installing R 3.1.2. on SAP Predictive Analytics 2.3 Expert mode.

The following is the steps I've taken

1. Uninstall all previous versions of R, registry entries (I didnt find any) and completely removed all R folders from my machine

2. From Expert Mode, going to File > Install and Configure R > Installation > Install R> Tick box for "I agree to install R using the script" > Click OK

- A pop window appears stating "Downloading R-3.1.0. Total size of R download is 51.6 MB. Please wait, this will take a few minutes..."

- I waited for an hour and nothing happened

After this failed I took a new approach of doing a manual installation

3. Download the installation file for R 3.1.2.

4. Install the file in the folder called: C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2

5. Install the following packages: rJava; RODBC; RJDBC; DBI; monmlp; AMORE; XML; pmml; arules; caret; reshape; plyr; foreach; iterators

6. Go Expert Mode: File > Install and Configure R > Configuration > Tick box for "Enable Open-Source R Algorithms" > Select the folder "C:\Users\Public\R-3.1.2" > Click OK

7. Open a new document and check if R algorithms are available - they're not

Other details: Windows 7 64 bit

Any ideas on what I can do to get this working?

Screen shots attached

Many thanks

Ria

Tags:
replied

Hi Ria,

I just received an update from our engineering teams.

They identified this problem & they are suggesting the following workaround (see steps 1-5 below).

Can you please apply it and see if this does improve what you see on the Expert Analytics user interface?

1. Close SAP Predictive Analytics.

2. Locate the folder named .sappa. It is usually found under C:\Users\<your Windows user>\

3. Rename this folder to any other name (could be .sappa_backup for instance)

4. Locate the folder named sappa. It is usually found under C:\Users\<your Windows user>\AppData\Local\Temp

5. Rename this folder to any other name (could be sappa_backup for instance)

6. Open SAP Predictive Analytics, then open SAP Expert Analytics.

7. Normally you should now see the release 2.3 of Expert Analytics (check it with the key code tip I gave you).

8. You can then start tackling the R installation problem, starting with regular download/installation from Expert Analytics, and if this does not work, applying the recommandations given by Ronan.

Good luck with all this, keep us updated how this goes.

Best regards,

Antoine

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question