Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change column order

former_member246634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing very annoying problem. For some reason I cannot change table columns order in my table. Here are some hints:

Order of attributes in Context

Order of columns in table:

Order of columns in preview:

Order of columns while testing:

Two last columns (Process no. and Fiscal Year) have fixed positions. For no reason "Company Code" is at the very end of the table and I cannot move it's position in any direction, I want it to be right after XMARK as it is in first 3 images (I don't want to use FixedPosition: Left).

Does any of you have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Bartłomiej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go for a right click on over the table from portal and choose the option 'User Settings'->More Options.

You will get a new window opened, where you can see the user settings for the table. So from the 'Displayed Grouped Columns', choose your required column and just move up and down as per the requirement.

Try it out. It will work.

BR,

RAM.

former_member246634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can't check it right now, but if I understand correctly this will work just for me and won't work for other users?

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

Exactly you are right.

I guessed that though your layout was correct, you get the different column order in outlook. So you should have been changed the order of columns.

BR,

RAM.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There can be two possible things:

1. while you were looking at WD output in browser you might have dragged and dropped the column at the last---- so you need to reset the settings in browser, right click the table-> user settings -> more -> Discard setting for Entire Application.

2. sometimes during the drag and drop in view->table just changes the position in layout not in output, so you need to use the move up and move down by right clicking on the column. just try it once for BUKRS move down and then move up, then check the output.

former_member246634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

While logging in my original language (PL) after right click on table column (

I can see this menu:

But when I log in English I can see many more:

What causes whis?

Anyway, I tried your suggestion with "Up/Down" earlier, but it didn't work. I tried it now - it worked (and I have no idea why it didn't before).

former_member183073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure why the other options are missing, i don't have that language installed in my system.

Usually if you drag and drop columns it doesn't set the position, i usually drag the column to position 3 if i want to display it at position 2 and then move it up once by right clicking.