cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OData response can be seen in Gateway client but not in the Browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there gurus,

Well problem is very simple I can see the Odata working on SAP gateway client. I get all the data needed from there.

But when I do the same in the browser I do not see any data. I mean it probes to give Username and Password and everything etc

I do not get any error either but I don't see the data. Is this related to authorization or is there something wrong with my Odata.

Please guide.   

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

There was never a problem with the OData or anything actually there are 3 Clients in development system. I developed the odata on client lets say C1 but the data was availble on C3 so when I ran the Odata from C3 it was not fetching the data until I added ?sap-client=C3 in the URL.

That's it and it worked.

Do you guys have anything more to add to it?

And thanks again.. Each suggestion for you guys were important and I really appreciate the good intentions.

And yes Hari Sadu is one hundred percent my real name

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Please close the thread.

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Can you try setting up a payload trace in SPRO and then run the URI in the browser again? Check if you get the trace correctly at the correct point.

Regards,

-Nimish

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Try this in chrome browser while network tab in developer tools is open. Check what is the HTTP Response code and the response.

Regards,

Ekansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ekansh,

Please find response from Internet Explorer

and Chrome

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like you are getting an empty entity set when you are calling from chrome. I would assume there is something wrong in the implementation as it is returning empty set.

BTW, is Hari Sadu your real name ? From naukri.com

EkanshCapgemini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

There is no reason for program flow not stopping at the break-point trigger if you:

1. are calling query operation with correct URL i.e. /sap/opu/odata/sap/ZSERVICENAME/EntitySetName . Remember the entityset name is case sensitive.

2. are setting external breakpoint for the correct user. Make sure that you are logged on with the same user as the break-point user in SAPGUI & Browser .

3. make sure that you are setting break-point in the correct method of the correct class.

For not getting any data, there would be some issue with the get_entityset implementation. It may be some issue that you would be clearly able to see once the breakpoint is triggered.

Regards,

Ekansh

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

What is the operation ? READ or QUERY ?

I suggest to quickly put a break-point inside the appropriate method of the data Provider Class and debug. You will be able to get the issue.

Regards,
Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashwin,

Problem is in Query operation.

And for some reason it is not even stopping at my code. Even when I try to run it via Gateway Client.

I have tried both External BP and Session BP on GetEntitySet.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Please make sure Break-Point is activated for the user with which you are firing the service.

Also you need to place break-point inside appropriate method of your DPC or DPC_EXT class based on if any manual code is added.

Regards,

Ashwin