cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype Text Translation in ESS Personal Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Hope you all are doing good. I have an issue where I have to Translate Infotype text to Chinese.

I checked tables like T582S and T591A etc.. But not able to find these texts in the table.

In the above screenshot there are 2 Infotypes. IT0006 (Adress) and IT0021 (Family dependent).

Please share some input about how to change the translation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have had to translate our ESS/MSS screens to for Japan and Korean languages and have found it not to be as strait forward as some of the SAP documents would have you believe but I have 2 really good ones I will link to below. Most all of my ESS/MSS text translations are done in SE63 by specifying either the exact package and component name or just the package if I am doing many. We have customized many of our screens for our the county's I was translating so I had to make sure I got the correct objects to translate Here is a link to SAP NOTE 1646142 Storage of FPM texts that helped me greatly. https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

As well as this article

Let me know If you still have any questions.

Thanks,

Martha.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3762625 http://scn.sap.com/thread/3634741 Those above links are pretty good and also you can refer these

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

Thanks a lot for the input. Actually I checked in the service  and found out that a customisation have been made.

I am not sure how to translate these texts.

Regards,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priti,

I to have custom forms with some standard but mostly changed texts. The way I updated the translations was in SE63 using Solution #4 from the document storage of fpm texts. And the way I find my information for the Transport Entry is by first going to SE80 and select your customized component and then right click and select Display Object Directory Entry this will show a pop-up with the first line being Object note the first two blocks on that line most likely will be R3TR and WDCC (or a variation of that) and then select and copy the rest of the entry in it entirety and then go to SE63 and follow the steps in Solution #4  Then click Edit you should see a Tree entry of <TLGS> Short Texts expand that and then double click on an item to expand and see the texts for translations.  you should see any of your custom texts and be able to enter the translation. For transporting the texts refer to the second document I previously sent and the Section Transporting translations. you will use transaction SLXT. I have attached a document showing screenshots with the steps I mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that.. Really helped.. Problem Solved.

Answers (0)