cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Datasource or Open Hub

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

What is the best way to send data from one BI to another BI system.

As we have two techniques ie Export Datasource and Open Hub, which one would be better in terms of performance ?

In a single BI system why do we need the concept of Export datasources when we can directly use the infoprovider with a DTP. I ask this as the client I am working for has created export datasources for all the DSO's .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to go with Export data source option.

Why?

if we go with open hub, we need to load data to flat file or table.

From there again we need to load data to your target BI2 server. its a time consume one.

But in case of export data source - we just load the data once and directly loading into target BI2 Server from BI1 Server.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I thought too on the same lines.

Can you also let me know why Export Datasource is used in the same BI system when we have the concept of DTP ?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Export data source concept was exist in 3.x not in bw 7.x(still available in 7.x thru additional properties).

in case of 7.x we can go with DTP to load data with in the same bw from one target(DSO/Cube) to another target(DSO/Cube).

Here source/target is same server.

But in your case servers are different, so we need to go with export data source option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raman for the explanation.

I did not get a change to work with 3.5 . But was there no other way to load data from a DSO->DSO or Dso->cube except export datasources ?

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in 3.5 we have to use export data source concept to load data between targets(DSO-->cube or Cube-->dso). in 7.x we can go with DTP.

Another way is info spoke(3.x) or open hub.

Thru open hub, get data into flat files and load flat files data into required cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

Answers (0)