cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosstab Column Title on 2 lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Here my issue : in a crosstab, i have a column who display percent data but which have a long title.

When i reduce column size, my title is reduced too and column title is not readable anymore.

I have found how to increase first row height but i dont know how to write column title on 2 "lines" in this first row (like in a Excel sheet for example).

I found this tutorial about customizing : but i didn't find answer for this issue.

PS : I'm working on Design Studio Version 15.0.6

Thank for your help !

Regards.

Jonas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

I just found out that putting a line break on the column title (description property of the keyfigure) on the BEx Query Designer results in a two row title. On DesignStudio's initial view it will show up with a dash where you put the line break. For very long titles you can put several line breaks.

Let me know if that does the trick for you.

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

CSS didn't work but your solution to modify keyfigures in BEx Query works perfectly !

Thank you a lot Martin !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

Try word wrap with css for that column cell.

word-wrap:break-word

This will wrap the word. This may help you.

Thanks,

Nithyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nithyanandam,

Thank for your reply.

I tried to update my CSS with your solution but title are not wrapped.

Am i doing wrong with this ?

.sapzencrosstab-ColumnHeaderArea{

font-weight: bold;

height : 60px;

word-wrap : break-word;

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonas,

I had a look into the standard CSS of the crosstab and there are a lot of attributes and dependancies involved. Your CSS selector is probably not powerful enough. You can find a working example of word-wrap on a table here: http://jsfiddle.net/j08691/FcVSc/

I would advise that you use the developer tools of your browser (available through F12 for example) to play with the CSS selector of the crosstab to pin point the right setup that actually breaks your header title and save it to your custom css file. You will find a structure like this:

You will notice that the class you are trying to override targets the column headers (first table tag) but there is more on the DOM-tree to consider and to check to accomplish the line break.

Regards

Martin