Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to consume an SICF service created in sap system in an other sap system

madhukarbhat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have a scenario where there are SICF services created in one sap system for HTTP get request and all the back end logic exists in this system.

But I need the exact same scenario set up in another sap system and I do not want to re-write the back end logic here too,

So is there a way that I can make a call to the SICF service created in first system and get the data back in the second system?

Do we have any connectivity that can actually make a call to the HHTP get requests SICF created in other sap system?

Appreciate any help

Thanks,

Madhukar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhukar,

GW System is a Hub ( separate system ) here or embedded inside the back end system it self as a local GW ?

MPC/DPC classes are deployed in GW Hub or in Back-End System ?

Back-end logic which you have now is a custom written or a standard FM/BAPI ... ?

If your back-end logic is a custom made and this whole thing is wrapped as a Function Module which is remote enabled and your MPC/DPC classes are deployed in GW Hub itself, then using Multiple Origin Composition Concept call can routed to the specific back-end system from GW hub. However this FM should be present on the other system as well since its a custom made.

If its a standard FM/BAPI ... then from GW hub you can simply establish connection ( Create RFC Destination and Configure System Alias for the other system, Assign this to the existing Service ) and get data from the other system as logic used is a standard one and it is already residing in the other system as well.

Multiple Origin Composition - SAP Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library

Its depend on the set up you have.

Regards,

Ashwin